New Diabetes Drug

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2014 at 4:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last post said it. You have been warned. It's totally understandable if you have a family to support. But, if you can hold out for another job, ANY other job...stay away from gsk. Positives- you will get a regular pay check and all the benefits you would expect from a major pharma company...and that is huge, no question. The downside is that you will be stressed beyond what any other job in this industry ..hell, even outside this industry would put upon a person. Let me try to explain it with an analogy: Remember college? How stressful midterms and finals were. How you had to pull a"all-nighters" and study every moment you had available. It's just like that only you still have your "job" that needs to get done on top of that! Call metrics, COT behaviors, MCE, and yes, sales are still looked at. The other difference is that in college you got a break during the winter and summer. You also got to see your grades...not the case at gsk. I know, you think I am weak. A whiner. That I have a bad attitude. Let me tell you, work here for six months and you will become burnt out!! Your family will tolerate you because you make a living but they will also begin to despise the company you work for. Your tired, irritable, and stressed. Like the above poster said, if you absolutely NEED a job, take it. If you can hold out for ANYTHING else, STAY AWAY FROM GSK! I am giving you honest opinions and advice. Take it or leave it. One thing is for certain, if you join gsk, your stress level will increase dramatically!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've got my interview on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was just told interviews in april! are interviewing with gsk or ventiv?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you interviewing for direct position or with inVentiv?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the salary range for the inVentiv sales force or direct? They may just be going contract, so depending on experience, I believe 80K is possible even for inVentiv, but would be surprised if it's much more. I want to apply and want to put a higher salary, but don't want to edge myself out either by putting my minimum required too high...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My understanding is that this is strictly an Inventiv job, with salary range at 65-80K. Was also told interviews are in April.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have completed the phone interview with inVentiv and awaiting a FTF interview.
    After reading so many posts about the miserable environment at GSK, I think I have to reconsider whether I am interested or not.

Does anyone know for certain if the inVentiv sales force will be subject to the same testing and simulations as GSK? Wondering if the contract sales force will be managed by GSK managers or inVentiv managers?

For those of you at GSK, hoping things get better for you. Stress is not something we need more of.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told after my phone interview that it is only Ventiv management not GSK. Im not sure about all the tests but i have been on a contract with InVentiv and it was a great experience. The only thing I was told was the incentive program is being done a little different than usual, more on customer satisfaction than sales results.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the InVentiv field force will be required to follow all GSK protocol. When selling GSK products, you are required to meet the same level of required compliance.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nice thing about working for inventive, is that it would come as no surprise to leave them, and join another company (since they are a contract sales organization, which implies a temporary state of employment). So, nothing to lose. You move on if the job doesn't work for you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the input everyone. i too had a phone interview and was told that I will be sent on for a face to face interview in April in Texas.
    A couple questions:
    - Does working thru Inventiv provide any kind of buffer from the reported GSK stress/nonsense that their direct hires are subject to? I was also told that I would be reporting to an Inventiv manager.
    - I was told offers would be going out in May. Is the face to face interview a competitive situation where multiple reps are flown in to compete for one position?...or is it kind of like your job to lose where one candidate is flown out per position?

Thanks all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want a real laugh, Ask them how your bonus check will be calculated! That should be amusing watching them answer that!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just tell them you are great at checking boxes and making them green, they might just hire you on the spot. "keep it green and feed the machine"!! it's the new motto at GSK.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be 3 to 5 candidates flown to particular cities per each individual territory opening.A chosen candidate will be put forward to interview with the Regional Director that day. And yes, the exact same measures that GSK uses to manage a field force must be implemented for InVentiv. GSK's product is being promoted so therefore all GSK Compliance protocol must be recongized and implemented. Know and understand the required expectations of GSK. This model is very different and you need a clear understanding of what you are signing up for!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be 3 to 5 candidates flown to particular cities per each individual territory opening.A chosen candidate will be put forward to interview with the Regional Director that day. And yes, the exact same measures that GSK uses to manage a field force must be implemented for InVentiv. GSK's product is being promoted so therefore all GSK Compliance protocol must be recongized and implemented. Know and understand the required expectations of GSK. This model is very different and you need a clear understanding of what you are signing up for!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the info.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get out of bed at 8:30, go to gym for an hour, Buy Lunch for doctor, promise him a ski trip to vail to discuss new drug, put gas in company car, fake 3 of 8 signatures per day, ask manager for bonus report, repeat the other 4 "work" days per week.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a me too GLP-1 that doesn't work as good as Victoza and doesn't cause as much weight loss. Will be Tier 3 after about 6-12 months on most insurance formularies. Not covered until then. Good luck with that.