Question to HR?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been looking into a job with GSK. I know I am going to get a lot of "run away" answers. However, my question is how do they balance the call and study expectations. What is the expected call activity and how many admin days do you get to study prior to the testing. This is obviously a different system for those of us outside GSK. I just want an idea of what I am getting into (I am aware of the vague feedback, no actual score etc, and I think you guys have said the tests/simulations are really hard)? I am just hoping that there is some sort of balance so that I could feel relative prepared for any any testing, be impactful in the field while checking their boxes on call activity and none of this take much time away from my family in the evenings. Thanks guys!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the starting pay is 45-55K, what can an experienced rep expect to start at?
    What range is there in base pay?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient First My Ass. We have teleconferences with our manager each week and all we talk about is the number of scripts each territory has gotten, followed by an explanation of how and why. Here at GSK sales are just as important as with any other pharma company except we have an extra layer of shit in all the testing that we do. Nothing different, except we serve more masters!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We talk KPIs every week. Reach, Frequency, details to strategic customers. Really a lot about nothing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep you are spot on. GSK says one thing but speaks another!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really know how to live it up on a Saturday night......hanging out on CP. What a life.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be really funny if you were not posting on Easter Sunday hahahaha. Yes I am posting today but I am not the one casting a stone. Obviously a GSK troll with not much intelligence.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And so you were posting on both Saturday night and Easter Sunday and you are pointing your finger at someone else posting on one of those days? Do you even think about your post before you hit the submit button?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey douche bag did you not read the post ....clearly the poster stated they do not cast the first stone realizing they are also on the site on a weekend . You must be a GSK hack working overtime. Looks like from all the other post you must be working overtime. How does it feel to be one of the crew of the a Titanic?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the same question as above. How many days/weeks of study are we talking about for the quarterly exams? Please...any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it is only a couple of days. Honestly, with all the tests, simulations, conference calls, extra virtual meetings, cia training, and more check the boxes, the bottom line is they want sales. But they won't come out and say it, you need to read between the lines. If you are a brand new rep you will be fine because you do not know anything else. If you are a seasoned rep coming from another company, you will hate it. With all of the junk And non transparency you will be frustrated. As for pay, it depends low 40-50 for new reps, 70-75 for seasoned.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide more specifics. Very much appreciated.