DC's Blog

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DC had a great idea in theory. However the program has not been successful due to the way the incentive program has been rolled out over the past couple of years. Reps spend the majority of their time working for an incentive plan that is less than 20% of their pay. All in the field would agree that we should know the disease states and products for each therapeutic area that promote our different brands. As it is right now you never know what questions you miss on a test. That is unbelievable since we spend our time asking providers to give patients our medicines. We should know what we missed so we can ensure that we get it right while in front of the customer.

The Breo launch has been one of the worst product launches that GSK has ever had. Why is that? Reps are more focused on making sure they display the appropriate behaviors while with their manager so they can get the box checked and studying for tests that they never know their true score since it is graded on a bell shaped curve. Everyone could be making a 90 or above but someone has to be not proficient. This is wrong on so many levels. Cheating is also rampant. We are doing all of this BI stuff with KPI's and lead measures it's not working. The sales force is just going through the motions and are living with the worst engagement that I have ever seen. Unfortunately DC will move on to another company once the CIA is complete and leave GSK in a bigger mess than before she came in.

Patient First could be successful and really set GSK apart from other pharma companies. No one wants to live in the environment as it is. GSK's current path is toxic. DC needs to admit that the system is flawed and make needed corrections before our other new brands are launched or they will be failures as well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of whooey. Number of scripts coming from each territory is all our manager talks about. Prior to Breo launch shitting the bed, all of this high faluting bullshit sounded good. Post shitting the bead, all we talk about is sales and how do we get more and that is fricking truth. GSK's corrupt culture is there to view world wide as each week we are humiliated in another country, so cut the bullshit Deidre, we are not that stupid nor are our customers. All this Patient First crap started post 3.2 billion dollar fine. Then upper management wanted us to spin Patient First as if GSK was the big pharma company with a heart. All the while we were lying through our teeth because Patient First was instituted to stop the bleeding and paying more fines. I for one refused to mouth the spin and was up front with all my customers as to why we instituted Patient First. How pathetic Deidre!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

works well for HIV, orphan specialty products - competition love gsk for laying down in crowded classed like respiratory inhalers. Symbicort for the 1st time has better access and lower copays than Advair. Go DD Go Blog away you're a great great inspiring leader!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To poster number 2 - you are confused. You say patient first good in theory and then go on about why it isn't good. I've been with the company 16 years and we put the patient and the customer (our doctors) first then and those of us that know what we are doing continue to do so today. We need to call this for what it is - patient first is a screwed up incentive comp program brought in the months prior to the CIA because Diedre was butt kissing to the department of justice. The current incentive comp program is BS (bullshit) and it is a further fraud to act as if it is good in theory. I also think it is crap that the FLLs, FVPs and above are still getting compensated on sales - sorta fitting though because they are not selling a damn thing!

I and other colleagues are all on notice however that GSK does not want anyone that thinks contrary to the much celebrated patient first program. Open communication and transparency are not rewarded at GSK any longer. Someone else posted on here that GSK is 100's of millions behind plan this year just 3 months in - not so sure they care as long as the stock price stays steady and they continue to have flattering articles written in the Harvard Business Review and the Wall Street Journal.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. We need a "rep first" program because that is what is important. By the way, I can think of nothing more important to do with my Saturday night then to piss and moan about what I think the company should do and what I feel the company owes me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh really then why are you on hear GSK troll.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A test on a bunch of material that a cannot even talk to my customers about determines my integrated rating which impacts my bonus and annual raise. Better yet I can't get an answer to what I misses or didn't get right on my test. U better believe we are being held accountable for the scripts we generate. It's the secret that we can't talk about. We just give it a wink wink. Waste of time and company resources. Stockholders should be very concerned. Don't pay me on what I sale I'm cool with that. Pay me on how I study 400 pages if material then test when everyone cheats. I'm so not good with it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a good thing that you are not paid on your use of the English language or you would be broke by now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont know what your talkin about - Breo is 18% NRx in my territory

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bout time someone tells the truth!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I for one LOVE studying Business Acumen managed care information from 2009. I will be a better rep being tested on archaic info

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell us more, oh Wise and Powerful Dierrerriedre President of WHAT?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's all you can come up with? The post is spot on and the grammar police out.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny blog

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The comments on this blog need a link to cafe Pharma.