UNITED HEALTHCARE LAWSUIT...

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many retirees or any other GSK employees for that matter, are sick of the delays, denials, lies and outright fraud committed every time you turn in a claim to the puppet insurance carrier for GSK, UNH. They have not processed a single claim of mine properly under the retirees insurance plan, and I have documented Fraud and abuse on their part. I am done with the time on the phone, the legitimate claim denials, the incompetance and fraud. I am suing their pompous ass. My attorney has heard documented recordings I have from them. He has agreed that they are indeed agents of fraud and corruption , under the guise of "errors", lost claims, not understanding their own policy. I believe that since GSK is self insured, that they are behind a lot of this, so does my attorney. Any other horror stories out there with UNH ? Please reply and I will get you my attorneys name, if there are enough complaints out there. I know I am not alone in dealing with these crooks. Anyone else want a piece of them. We hope to show a pattern of misconduct, that is apparent on every claim I file....I believe it is company wide and they will be taken down. Thanks. Another GSK liability.....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of my claims have been paid in a timely manner. I receive an explanation of benefits for each time at the physician or hospital and I've even had office staff comment on what a great pleasure it was dealing with my insurance company. Now all of my claims were legitimate so that may be the difference. Maybe I should contact the UHC and let them know I could testify for fair balance. I guess your consipiracy theory wouldn't hold up when they show how much they pay out in claims for all of their current and ex employees.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have forwarded this to our attorney. It is not a surprise to me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

retired a few months ago, wife has many medical problems, all claims paid, no questions asked. could not ask for any more. When I call HR service center with a question always get help. great people to work with. don't know why op has problems, perhaps he is just a troll

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not think this is a real post. I had out patient surg and then my life had three days in the hospital. All of our claims had out of network fees on them even though all services were provided in network. It took over ten phone calls to straighten the claims out. My surg group no longer accepts United Health Care. Here is a big part of the problem UHC out sourced customer sercvice to India! My wife has Blue Cross Blue Sheild and the customer service reps live in my state and they are a pleasure to work this.

I live 4 miles from UHC and the monkey business McGuire the DEO did with stock options is in the Mpls Star Tribune newspaper all the time. All of these facts can be viewed on line if you care to check.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one in my pod has had a positive experience with UHC. Here try this yourself. Call customer service and ask them to call a doctor's billing office to help you with a problem. Customer service reps at UHC are not allowed to call subscribers back or even call doctors for you. Never had that problem with good old Medica!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is my understanding that UNH is being investigated by the feds as we speak. There conduct is blatant, widespread and unnacceptable. I suspect most of the positive posts are coming from them or GSK HR. We have had all of the problems related above and on numerous occasions. I will definitely help you out , unless I go out on my own. These people need a severe wake up call. I also have documented all the delays, denials and outright fraudulent practices. They think most people will just roll over or are dumb enough to not be able tro read their written policy. Shame on you UNH. If this is GSK's direction to you, since they are "self insured"-you should wake up. There ship is sinking and you don't want to be a part of it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perhaps United health Care has a troll, that makes more sense. They are corrupt to the core.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UHC is being sued in NY state it was in today's paper, the main problems occured with people who used out of network doctors and hospitals. UHC has been systematically underpaying those people for many years according to Governor Spitzer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is exactly why I am suing them...no preferred provider in network in my area..... got a geographical exception after a lot of BS...The guy did almost a one hour surgery, general anesthesia. The charge was app. $900--UNH said the reasonable and customary was $149 and that was all they would pay, the rest was up to me. I told them to find an oral surgeon that will even look into your mouth for $149...they told me to appeal. I told them, and recorded it that they could fuck their appeal. I am suing them. This is common practice. They are fucking scumbags working for GSK HR. to hold down costs. They are fucking with the wrong person---too many people just roll over znd play their games, not me.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you do not think this "network fees" issues is a real problem check to today's news paper.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you and support you 100%. I am fighting my own battles with GSK and they are going very nicely.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't need to read the paper, just happened to me to...charged me out of network fees/deductibles even though there was NOBODY within 200 miles of me in network. Most docs have had enough of dealing with their and GSK's Bullshit. I am going after them too. Do you think HR would do anything, since GSK is really paying the bills (self insured ) Hell no, they probably run the fucking show. HR is gong down with the ship.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate UHC!!!!!!!!.. They are liars. They are fucking me over on a HRA rollover. Bastards refuse to give me last years money and the customer service people don't understand the HRA policy. UHC is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love UHC!!!!!!!!!... I bought a shit load of their stock about 5 years ago for $21 and now it's over $48. It's been stagnat for the last two years so I want to see them delay paying claims as much as possilbe. I have Aetna through GSK because they pay on time but as a shareholder of UNH I need to get paid. Quit your whining and accept the fact that UHC doesn't want to pay for your needless procedures and meds.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better sell now dick head - they are going down, so go fuck yourself and your stock.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, idiots like you are so easy to piss off. I love morons like you, pure entertainment...I mean without chumps such as yourself boards like this wouldn't exist. Thanks for the chuckle.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess there are a lot of idiots out there...this is just the beginning of shining the light of day on these cockroaches. This is only one of their fucked up way of screwing over the insured. I am going to bury them.....and their association with GSK, self insured, but using these crooks to screw over employees. Also note how GSK just switched their prescription drug program from Expresscripts to CAREMARK, another band of criminals who just had to pay millions for fucking over patients. GSK picks their bedfellows well, don't they? Going down..you slimebag crooks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New York probes UnitedHealth payment practices
    February 13, 2008 3:36 PM ET advertisement

New York's attorney general plans to sue UnitedHealth Group Inc. and its subsidiary Ingenix, calling the insurer part of an effort to defraud consumers by manipulating reinbursement rates.

New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's office also announced Wednesday that it issued 16 subpoenas to health insurance companies including Aetna (NYSE: AET), Cigna (NYSE: CI), and Empire BlueCross BlueShield (NYSE: WLP) as part of a six-month investigation into how the insurance industry handles reimbursements for physicians who are outside of a health plan's network.

In a statement, UnitedHealth, the parent of UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa, said that it was cooperating with the investigation and maintained that it was "committed to fair and appropriate payment for physicians".

Doctors have complained for years that the method health plans use to determine out-of-network payments is hard to understand and sets reimbursements artificially low.

Cuomo's announcement claimed that Ingenix, which provides health care billing information, "operates a defective and manipulated database" that insurers use to set reimbursements. He also alleged that two other subsidiaries of Minnesota-based UnitedHealth (NYSE: UNH) "dramatically under-reimbursed their members for out-of-network medical expenses" using the Ingenix data. His office also planned to sue those subsidiaries.

The release detailed that under the United insurers' health plans, members pay a higher premium to use out-of-network doctors, while insurers promise to cover up to 80 percent of the doctor's bill or the "reasonable and customary" rate - depending on which is cheaper.

But, the Attorney General's investigation alleges that by distorting the "reasonable and customary" rate, United insurers kept reimbursements low, forcing patients to pay more.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please send me name of your lawyer... I was fired for telling the company the truth.... I am over 50 and have been with the company 10+years. They are trying to screw any employee that they may have to pay pension and benefits too. We are being targeted!!! To keep costs down!! Same with the insurance problems I read here!!!! Please send any names, (aarp already loves this case) to this e-mail im-mad@live.com. PLease help!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will get you my lawyer, lay out your case in a little more detail... these assholes want you to go through their own appeal system when they obviously screw you over... my 12 year old can understand the written policy. Fuck them, the only way to come out is to sue them for fraud. They know what they are doing, and will try and drive you insane-dealing with them. Cuomo will get them for the State of New York and then a whole bag of worms will open up on these slimebags. GSK will also be implicated. They know what is going on...How does that grab you, SCOTT RILEY....the rep. who sings their song for them. I am going after you too, if that is not your real name-no problem I recorded you also for " Quality Control Purposes ". Don't taze me bro'. HAHAHAHA.