Darapladib, GSK's next blockbuster

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Results from GSK's huge, 4 year, 28,000 patient, phase III trial of Darapladib are expected to come any day. Darapladib is a potential mega blockbuster, and therefor trial results are a huge deal.

There is a bunch of evidence that this trial is a success, for example GSK has been advertising a series of science and marketing job positions related to a Darapladib product launch. My bet is that this will be a big deal for GSK stock price in the near future. See the link below for more information on this trial.

It will be interesting to see how Andrew Witty handles questions on the companies pipeline in the coming Q3 conference call this week. It would be great to see a specific question about the Darapladib trial… he's either going to smile or sweat uncontrollably!

Another play on these Darapladib results is Diadexus, their stock price has appreciated substantially related to speculation that Darapladib will be a success. For such a tiny company as DDXS, a positive result would be a ginormous win!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1719432-diadexus-back-to-the-future

The above article puts the chances of a Darapladib success at approx 100%.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YAWN! All it means is more test taking and moronic video role plays.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More test taking; more lives saved; more profits for GSK.

lp-PLA2 inhibitors represent a new class of drugs, and a breakthrough in the treatment of Cardiovascular disease. If this drug is successful, I would bet it becomes Glaxo's biggest selling drug ever.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the test taking simply is a joke- harms profits and has nothing to do with saving any lives.
    Any new asset cannot reach its full potential in the current environment

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation: wwwwaaaaaahhhhhh.......wwwwaaaaaahhhhh....wwwwaaaahhhhh.....I have to take a test......wwwwaaaahhhh......wwwwwaaaahhhhh.....wwwwwaaaaahhhhhhh.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

translation: I got paid to put a positive spin about GSK on this site and was disappointed when it turned on me. I have never taken a simulation at GSK and cannot comment on the actual topic so my response equals how a grade schooler would reply.

This is why 87% of GSK employees would not recommend the place

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn. I wasn't paid dork. And you are focusing on the test... my main point was on the drug Darapladib. Its not being talked about much, but its a huge deal. Whatever.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it you defend a criminal enterprise. Just like GSK attorneys

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation: Yes, I cannot pass the test, so I will make a lame attempt to respond by copying someone else's post. I will also make up some stupid statistic to make it sound like I know what I am talking about. Time to go make another 50 posts today.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't you just copy someone elses post too? If anyone gets in 50 posts today it might be you since you started at 4:45am? btw- the Darapladib data is all made up statistics

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you dumb bastards want to stay employed, then get on your knees and pray for fda approval!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a long shot product. It is great if it does work, however, no one is banking on it yet.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look like you have a good start today on your 50 post quota, but you are slacking a bit on calling people PR agent, PR boy, etc.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No idea what most of these replies are talking about. It was a simple post. In any case, I think you will find that Darapladib is not a long shot, and I suspect you will be hearing results within a couple of months.

This is for sure the biggest thing in the pipeline right now, so if Sir Andrew says anything upbeat about the pipeline in the upcoming Q3 conference call, you can bet that he is referring to Darapladib. They've spent 4 years on this and purchased HGS probably just to get full control of this product, so it had better work.

This job position and others say it does work:
    Director of Marketing, darapladib
    http://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/job.htm?jl=811106290&paoIdKey=MA==

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you guys are preselling just like you do every other poison you pimp.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gsk invested billions..with a B...billions in HGS. They need both albiglatide and durapladib to pan out. Otherwise 1/2 sales force is gone. That would include Sector VPs, RVPs, TSMs and Marketing positions. Those two products don't make it to market and ask becomes a 3rd tier pharma company. Forget respiratory, those products are around for window dressing. Get on your knees and pray boys and girls!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone knows that Darapladib is a long shot. Also, HGS was primarily bought to control the rest of Benlysta. If those two are failures, it would not have much of an impact. Sorry to disappoint you, skippy.

I think we need to start calling you chicken little since you keep talking about how the sky is falling in on GSK.