gsk oncology reps

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is gsk doing with their oncology representatives? I read that the Novartis vaccine employees will be moving to GSK but have not heard about GSK oncology reps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we told you that rent-a-reps wil replace you slowly........

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most have already left this pride starved company. This may be a blessing in disguise. Too bad we can't get rid of the upper management. I would have paid a billion to get them out of our house.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When a company decides not to pay its sales reps to sell - this is what happens - divestiture out of the business. THE CEO said don't be surprised disposal of other products as well.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad thing is that we can't even jump to the safety of AZ oncology since Pfizer is set to pounce on them

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was not confirmed on the vaccine call. In fact they said it had not been decided yet. My guess is we are buying the products, patents and pipeline, not the people unless they are in R&D or manufacturing. IMO.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work at NIBRI in Cambridge. It's not likely that Novartis will keep R&D personnel. In fact, there are rumors that NVS is set to lay off R&D in Cambridge because they haven't produced anything in the 12 years they've been open.

What usually happens in these situations is the chemical matter, patents, and notebooks get sent over. The biologists at Novartis will do "due diligence" research to validate the molecular pathways involved. Most of them will be torpedoed because they aren't some Director's pet project, and these compounds will never see the light of day. Sucks for the GSK med chemists - they probably won't even be allowed to publish on work they've already done that won't ever be advanced into the clinic.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope all you worthless oncology goofballs gets the Novartis axe! better call the recruiters and save your money, its gonna be a long hot summer. see ya at wal mart. hahahaha!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez, you are one bitter low life to take enjoyment from others difficulties. I'm sure they will land comfortably. You on the other hand will continue to be a miserable POS.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the tip of the iceberg...........

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so easy and cowardly to sit and hide anonymously behind your computer and talk sh*t. Your comments reflect what's inside of you. Hatred for yourself and others. I pity you. Karma is a bitch.
    Be ready.....Maybe not today or tomorrow....But it's coming back at you. No debts go unpaid in the universe.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

look what happened in 2006 !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for the advice ghandi, but I can't wait to watch the terminations roll out! this will be some funny shit to watch. Good luck getting back into oncology you stone cold losers!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a pathetic POS. It is very apparent that you were laid off, hopefully fired, from GSK and have not been able to get back into pharma after many failed attempts. No doubt you are stuck in some dead end job making $49-55k now. I'm sorry that it happened to you, but no need to wish it upon others. Keep your chin up!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh please stop!!!! I left GSK oncology in 2010 as did many others that year and in the past 3 years since, we have all landed great jobs in Oncology and diagnostics making more money than we ever did at GSK. The downside is endemic to the entire pharma/oncology industry... access is becoming increasingly difficult and territories larger, demands and pressures greater, but it's still a great career that pays very handsomely for experienced reps. And the package was very good if you got it, so you could retire before 65 with health benefits if you had your finances in order to pull it off. Thank you GSK.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F off clown, this is going to be the biggest mass termination in oncology history and I'm laughing my ass off! crawl over to BI with the rest of those no-talent losers or just crawl straight up CF or KL's ass where you belong

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No room at the inn at BI. 2 spots open nationwide.
    Don't listen to JM, or GB.... Find a job while you have a chance. Don't wait on a severance, if you have an opportunity.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree! everyone will be terminated, this is from a very reliable source. but will be funny to watch this go down, since the oncology BU is stockpiled with zero talent and idiots

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like someone didn't get the job. I think someone is a little bit jealous of others that moved on.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in this division a long time. A really, really, long time. It is sad to say, and even harder to admit, that the run is over. Novartis has no intention of keeping high salaried salespeople like ourselves. Look what happened to Idec reps when Biogen came along. We sell some very niche products, with limited indications, and small patient populations. Tykerb was the one drug that had to be sold in a large patient population, and now its gone. What does Novartis gain by keeping us? GSK just wants to unload an aging, high salaried sales force and focus where money can be made with existing products. Novartis is no different. There is a good reason why we are not able to transfer, or apply internally for other positions within GSK. It"s $$$. The sad part is that Novartis does not have to honor any existing severance program or recognize our years of service. Chances are good that they would, but do you really want to take that chance? Many of my peers are in their mid to late 50's trying to hang on for just a couple more years before taking a package. If it is offered now...Take it. No better offer will ever come across your desk. Start planting some seeds of interest with others that have moved on and are enjoying careers with other companies. If you are like some that I enjoy speaking with at meetings and are in your 40's...Its time to pull the trigger now and move on ASAP. The Lokay train has left the station, and because they have sold nearly nothing, it probably will come off the tracks soon. Look elsewhere and start networking now. Best of luck to all.