PSS vs competitors

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does PPS stack up to the competitors? Got a call from a recruiter and was wondering what is the real world sell on these products vs competitors. Are the PPS products are Medicare? How do you make money here? Why would an office choose PPS vs L-care.
    Please any insight would help...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PPS is currently under investigation by the FBI. It has lasted nearly two years. Most of the investigation centers around assumed Medicare billing fraud. Most of the referral community has been told of the investigation by PPS competitors. If that's not enough PPS has no respect as being a capable of rendering the most basic of services. There are however referral sources in individual markets who like perfect hair, perfect shapes, long legs and lunches. If you rock those things you might get some business. PPs is not known for being the clinical leader for sure.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A provider WOULDN'T choose PPS over Lincare. That's part of the reason PPS is in the sad shape they are in. In most areas the Providers are expecting PPS to sell or go under within the next 2 years.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about this? I know the wheels of justice turn slowly, but two years is a long time. What a horrible place this was to work.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is PPS still in business? Seriously, do they make ANY money at all? Is Teijin just paying the bills and writing the whole thing off? Is anyone able to explain this? Perhaps it is because I don't have an MBA from Stanford that I find this confusing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an MBA and worked at PPS a couple years ago...trust me our entire sales team couldn't figure it out either LOL

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha. They will claim every month, the paperwork didn't get in on time or it's not covered by insurance, or they don't make enough off that particular insurance, and delay your commission. Then some how they keep finding ways to delay it so you never get your commission and your sales and income suck due to this. Medicare and insurance fraud, unprofessional and unethical management, I could go on. Put it this way, I was so disgusted that I quit without even having a job, when unemployment was at it's highest in 2010. You'll be lucky to escape with your sanity.