Folks Pfired over 50/under 55 with over 25 years' service

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And by the way, I am fully prepared to pay for my own insurance. I planned for it and set aside the funds. We should ALL plan so well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Wyeth people did get special deals. I know I did and I worked very high up the latter. I worked for a major nutjob who knew I was 4 months away from my pension so decided to find a way to terminate me.

I received a severance because it was the best option and managed to find another job.

Pfizer really sucks as a company. The worst place I ever worked for in Pharmaceuticals.

They do not care about their people at all.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Einstein, you worked very high up the latter?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster number 9 has it correct. You can obtain insurance if you hit the rule of 70 and were 50 plus years old but not 55.

You were not "given" benefits but have the option to purchase medical and RX at a group rate. I don't believe poster 11 is only paying 125 a month for he and his wife.

I also called as I fit the rule of 70 and am eligible. I don't know the cost but as Pfizer does not contribute anything but a group plan I believe 750 a month is closer to actual. Anyone buy into this with real figures???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, I agree you should get what you were promised, but at the same time, my brain is screaming "get over yourselves!"

Let's see, you have your pension/retirement package, Social Security (soon), Medicare (soon) and personal saving/401K.

You're complaining that your insurance cost is high though the company retirement plan? If you don't like it, shop around. My mom retired recently and found a good plan through BCBS (independently), though she is looking forward to the day Medicare kicks in (about 6 mos).

Let's compare to my situation... 35yo, 10+ yrs with Wyeth (lucky enough to be retained by Pfizer). Let's assume I'm still with the co. until retirement @ 65yo. That will be 40+ yrs with the co.

So how does my retirement look?
    Pension/Retirement package - nope, gone
    Social Security - no, bankrupt
    Medicare - no, bankrupt
    Personal Savings/401K - this is it, I save all I can because it's all I can count on
    Company Retirement Insurance Plan - let's assume gone, never really thought about it because with everything else, who would ever think to count on this?

I really don't have a problem with you looking out for yourselves, but I do have a problem when you eviscerating my generation to do it. I've already been saving like mad for my retirement, do you really want me to feel bad if you haven't been doing the same? Especially if you're between 50 & 55, you're still 10-15 years from the current "official" retirement age, so get a new job or pay for your own insurance.

Yes, life sucks sometimes, deal with it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"We" didn't screw the younger generation, the politicians did.....that is part of the principle behind the TEA party, responsibility NOW. Too much pork, too many people with their hand out and voting as such.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TEA PARTY! Yeah, RIGHT!

GMA did a story today on how many members of our congress and high ranking TEA PARY members are greedily taking HUGE amounts of farm subsidies. Talk about pork and big government! These people feed from that trough while pretending to care about tax dollar waste!

We are talking about millions here, just for these few. Check it out!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure you know who junior is!!!! YOU RAISED HIM FILLING HIS HEAD WITH THESE

REGURGITATED IDEAS COMING OUT...........

ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE BEING OUT OF WORK.......... because not planning,UNPRODUCTIVE LAZY ect.

BUT WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU... THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG!!!

WELL THIS TIME IT DID.... I ONLY HOPE WHEN IT HAPPENS TO HIM AFTER REACHING 70

AND WORKING FOR 100 COMPANIES

OR WHATEVER THE RETIREMENT AGE IS HE'LL FINALLY GET IT!!!