OCEAN Reps

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take whatever they give me, but the reality is that contract world is not a career, I need to find something with a longer time horizon than just a year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many big pharma companies, ie, GSK, Lilly, are only hiring for fixed duration positions like two years max, so what's the real difference. I know of several OCEAN reps who have already been placed in other contract positions in their respective areas or placed in a permanent position with AZ. When an opportunity for another Pub contract comes your way, go for it. The recruiters are very good about getting OCEAN reps in front of the hiring manager. They do want to place as many of us as possible.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only benefits or perfered treatment that an Ocean rep might get is cuts at the unemployment line. Get back in line with the rest of the cattle if an opening pops in your area.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not totally true. I know of 2 ocean reps who were slotted in right away on other Publicis contracts. A lot depends on the recruiter.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hopefully we will get some direction as to future contracts BEFORE this contract ends. I agree that once it all shuts down it may be more difficult to feel connected to what is going on with publicis.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Three more full weeks in the field, so let's pray for something to come down for us. We at Ocean did a very good job in increasing Crestor nrxs. It's a shame that AZ can't see what they had in the majority of us. Has anyone gotten a full time position with AZ selling Crestor?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like things are drying up for Publicis. Inventiv,Venti seem to be the leaders in contracts at this point. I guess that the new contracts go to the lowest bidder. Results or not it all like many things comes down to price. Nobody wants to pay for experince or results anymore they all want things the Walmart way. That is, buy it now for less and think your getting a deal. The reality like many things is that you get what you pay for. If management and those in executive leadership roles can't make a profit, no new jobs. So continues the slow swirl around the toliet bowl for this entire economy. it's not just pharma, it's everywhere.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

someone has to know something on the dealings of this upcoming contract or contracts?
    Any news on when they wll sign on the dotted line to move forward with publicis?
    im concerned that once sept 18 ends we will be cut out of the loop.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't count on being placed on any contract because you did well on this contract. I finished in the top 15 in my region and regional manager didn't even want to look at the numbers or even talk to my current manager or the managers of the AZ people I worked with on the contract. Her main concern was whether I would stay on the contract because I was going to take a pay cut. Didn't get placed. People who think contract pharma is going to dominate this business are wrong. Eventually Pharma manufacturers and developers are going to realize that contract pharma only adds another unneccesary level of mngt and overhead cost. You will get a better rep paying x dollars directly than x minus y dollars. y representing contract admin and profit. I think AZ already figured this out because they are hiring direct overlay reps in cns that sounds alot like what we did.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gemini rep here. We had three openings in our district. Two are being filled by Ocean reps, the third is not because the manager didn't give a good recommendation. Those who came with high recommendations didn't really have to interview... just met with Gemini manager for coffee. They are being told to hire Ocean reps wherever they can. Just FYI....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are any pf you being considered for the Rheumatology contract? Also how much does a specialty rep make at Publicis? I am under consideration for that Rheaumatology contract and have not worked for Publicis before. What should I expect should I get the position?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To wait another 3 months to find out if it gets approved.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I meant as far as salary, benefits etc. They wouldn't be scheduling the final meet and greets and training if they didn't think it was going to be approved.