Mako and Stryker

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think this union will be something that senior management should take quick notice of? We are seeing in our area already a shift in our business in strong Mako accounts that are now using stryker to back up their cases where we used to. Also in areas where Stryker agents are strong, I think its going to become a real problem. Mako will open up our doors to Stryker reps, agents, general managers. trust me it is happening already and the deal is not even closed from what I know.

Please no bs here, I want honest opinions

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try Mako/Stryker whoever.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so fast. File your response away and lets revisit the complete impact in 10 years.
    SYKs acquisition (according to all on Wall Street) is positive and very forward looking.
    Lets discuss in a few years.
    Gone are the days of making a quick buck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nope. not worried about it. speed up the procedure, get some clinical data, and come out with something comparable or better to persona - then we'll talk.

there's no doubt robotic assisted surgery will play a larger role in the future of orthopedics, but I don't see it catching on for at least another five years.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whats the data on Persona?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

open up the door for the stryker people to get in front of your surgeons and its going to cause some loss of business. Stryker fills the Mako product holes nicely and they will allow stryker recon to get in front of your drs

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind navigation. SYK sucked there. Also keep in mind Intuitive. The real users of the daVinci are the OB/GYN's because they have no laparoscopic surgical skills. All the robot does is increase cost tremendously. The new Affordablecare won't pay for that kind of cost.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MAKO was a good purchase for SYK. I have three current Persona users who also use Mako on their pfa/UNI patients. The concern is that since MAKO is brining them patients, that SYK will leverage that business to turn TKA over. Persona is working great for me, but you can't sell against a platform that drives a customer's patient book. It's a problem.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard from my Stryker rep that they and MAKO are all on one team and they will now both be compensated for Mako procedures! He smiled and said let the games begin. Reason why it came up is this was a Zuk user who is now trying Mako Styrker as backup TKA not me BTW he uses stryker hips

we had better wake up

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wilson, where are you going?

You idiot. Get back in there at once

and sell, sell.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is correct.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mako is popping up everywhere in my accounts and yes even my loyal surgeons are looking at this technology.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surgeons I thought had no interest in Mako are now doing Mako cases. Lost 2 ZUK users and now my top doc has scheduled 2 hips with Stryker / MAKO.