Zimmer acquires Biomet for 13.3 Billion

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard Binder is getting over 55 million in the deal. Has anyone heard what Dave is getting. The c suite suits always win in mergers. Many will be cut in Warsaw and in the field. They are not telling the truth. When JNJ purchased Depuy ,many were told the same thing , then the bomb was dropped. Some were left standing and some were gone from both camps

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not surprised if Binder gets a big payday....that's typical for execs and anyone who would likely have a big equity share position. And whats wrong with that? How does D get a big windfall when he has no Biomet equity? He benefits from an increased Z valuation and a higher stock price. Anyone with Biomet stock/equity will get some payout.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently you don't work for Zimmer or Biomet. Please stop posting stupid stuff

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?? That was such an insightful response. Thanks for adding to the conversation. Said no one. As a recently departed Zimmer employee, I thought the previous poster's comments were spot on. Unless you are brand new or have been hiding under a rock, only a fool could not see this train barreling down the tracks again. "Synergies" = "cuts" in some form or fashion.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the moment it seems that everything biomet is winning out. They have retention bonuses, and I have not heard that anyone at zimmer has one. The can keep their jobs without the same education that is required for current zimmer employees, and we even changed to their dress code. Zimmer employes are not winning in this buy out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't their dress code more casual? I'd say that's a win for everyone. Feel free to where a suit and tie if you think that will help you. Any time I've visited Biomet I always wished I had the freedom to wear golf shorts and flip flops.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Biomet rep dress code is the same as the Stryker (actually all companies including Zimmer) rep's dress code...wrinkled, dirty scrub's matching whatever hospital they are going to that day. Then they go hang out at Hooters all afternoon trying to impress the waitresses in their dirty scrubs while leaving paltry tips because the waitresses make more.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i like to intentionally smear wing sauce into my scrubs at hooters, so when it dries and i go to the grocery store it looks like blood and people think i am a surgeon....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Morale at both organizations is miserable. No one knows what the future will bring so most think the worst is coming. Morale at Z has been a major, major problem for a long time. Biomet morale was high, everyone was working toward an IPO, which is now a lost dream. The cultures of each company are so completely different it will be difficult to pull this together. My friends who work at both companies seem to favor a shift to the Biomet model, it was incredibly successful for many years and resettled in their growth and success. Z's culture has been one of fear, depression, watching experienced long time employees being shown the door and did not motivate. Good luck to everyone who has to endure this process.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long time Z rep here and could not agree more with your post....All my colleagues are hoping that Biomet is running everything when the smoke clears.

11. Zimmer-man

Zimmer-man Guest

Not going to happen. Who bought who.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't disagree, but it would be a colossal mistake if this just becomes a bigger Z!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would we follow the Z model when the Biomet model has so much better sales? We need to get rid of our current Z sales model and try to actually sell something, like Biomet does.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, morale has been a big and growing (even festering) issue at z for a long time. Bringing in the whole GE regime only fanned the flames. It ushered in a culture of fear and cronyism. Add the fact that the CEO is a corp compliance atty and basically wrote the advamed guidelines, and why WOULDN'T people be afraid to think outside the box? The allowable "box" only keeps getting smaller too.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I myself rub caviar on my scrubs and people think i am a sturgeon.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

might help if the Zimmer distributors actually paid out some commissions instead of axing all their senior reps and hiring a bunch of kids to cover cases on salary.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^This was by far the funniest thing I have read on CP in a long time.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I ran into a Director from Biomet about 30 days ago and was told that about 30 people have left Biomet since the announcement. Low morale inside Biomet walls.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is happening to 3i? Everyone thinks since their numbers are good they'll be at Biomet forever. And they think if surgeons / DDS give them a recommendation no one will give them the pink slip. Seriously. They are very cocky.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's happening with this? Is it really going to fall apart because of Brazilian bribery?