Downsized but better off or not ?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those that were downsized are you better off or not. Three things 1- salary higher lower or the same. 2- benefits better or not and 3- quality of life better with new company or about the same ?

My salary is higher, benefits are same maybe a little less, quality of work life better

Two out of three

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salary about 20 percent higher and bonus uncapped. Benies slightly better but QOLis much much worse. I'm averaging 60-65 hours per week. I miss my 10 hours per week.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't find a comparable pharma job without a big relo so I went back to school for 2 years and now teach school. 40% less salary but I love the lifestyle? welcome to reality.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Money much better. No car, but don't need one. Hours worked more, the ability to accomplish much my last year of pharma was difficult, and my manager worked with us every 2 weeks. I now see my boss at company dinners. All in all a good move

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis far from being a sinking ship - so staying put is not a bad option...

for the downsized, you all need to know that the selection process is BS - if you KA a lot and don't really do much work, you will stay. If you disagree once with your boss, this is the time when payback happens and you're toast...

At this point, being downsized is a plus and there are others that will be hiring at close to your current package.. + severance and unemployment.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salary / bonus higher $15k more, little less on benefits (insurance costs more), quality of life much better.

Stressful looking for work but amazing how the world looks not looking at it thru Novartis colored glasses.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure that this is the case for the majority of reps who have lost their jobs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is life after Novartis. The most stress is the downsizing every year for the past 4 years.
    No other company has strung out its employees for such a large period of time. There are downsizings and there is Novartis downsizings use the reps until no longer needed then out the door, unless you are one of the select few of managers that go inside and still nobody knows what they are doing. If they are getting rid of reps how do they find room inside for a select few can't figure it out.