Be very careful what you wish for

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former Novartian that comes here from time to time. About 3 years ago I decided I had enough of the lying and pretending from Pharma. Lying about calls. Faking calls. Catering in lunches and Starbucks for a 20 second sound byte. I felt this was beneath me. So I switched industries. I went into medical device. I went to work for Stryker and was on full commission.

I felt excited the first few weeks. Boy did I work and hard. Harder than I ever did. My first year I barely broke 110K in earnings. I worked about 70 hours per week. Within 6 months I was missing my cushy Novartis job. Year 2 I did better, I exceeded 150K but netted maybe 120K. You see I have to pay for my car, gas, etc. No corporate CC. No expense account. No budget.

I'm going into my third year. Still at Stryker. I am on track to break 300K for the year. I barely see my kids. I barely make love to my wife anymore. I am about 20 lbs overweight. I am starting to realize that at Novartis I had a great QOL. Yes doctors view me differently. Yes they consult with me. But working 80 hours per week, week after week. Always being on the chopping block. Always living on edge. Is it all worth it? You guys have it good. Enjoy it and quit complaining!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO. Thanks, I needed that.