THE MOST NEGATIVE COMMENTS OF ANY COMPANY!

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is absolutely amazing that 99% of the comments on the APPLIED MEDICAL board are extremely negative. From the training experience, to compensation, all negative. There has got to be something positive with this company!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm thinking..........nope, couldn't think of anything.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was thinking about applying for an opening, but after reading the dozens of threads about Applied Medical screwing their reps from bonus payouts to expense reports, I don't think this is a place for me. I also heard they are famous for interviewing for one territory, then switching the candidate to another one. Roommates at training huh? You cannot be serious. Didn't think any company did that anymore. Talk about cheap!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have some good products.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, they have some good products but most hospitals have negative attitude about us because of our lack of service, high turnover, young reps with no experience and bad attitudes since we're treated like shit by the fools that run this place. I just started interviewing and even the recruiters are all aware of how screwed up this company is. Applied Medical is a joke and not worth the $80k a year to put up with this shit!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something positive, huh? I guess you can say their reps (make that OUR reps, since I'm one of them) know how to take a punch....or a kick.....or verbal abuse....or threats....

The reason they hire young kids without experience in other medical companies is so they don't know that this isn't the way all companies in this field operate. I don't know anyone in the salesforce in Applied that wouldn't leave in a heartbeat if a viable option was available - including me (yes, this is a cry for help!).

And for the jackass manager who tells people to stop whining or get out, take a look around - that's what people have been doing! If the economy picks up and the job market improves you will be the only one left on the sinking boat, douchebag.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was going to apply to Applied for an open position, but this many bad posts doesn't make the company look to good. Wonder why they run it this way? It can't be good for business in the long run.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good idea. Base your opinion of a company from the threads a few disgruntled employees post on an anonymous message board.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe me, it's not just a few, and you can include managers and people in various specialty positions in the disgruntled group as well. I posted #6 in this thread and that's the first time I've posted anything on CafePharma.

If you're working with an ethical recruiter they will tell the reality of the turnover rate at Applied - there's a reason for it. And whenever somebody finds something else and leaves they are the envy of all the miserable souls that are left behind.

That being said, the only circumstance that it would make sense to join Applied for is if you are a young person with no medical sales background that wants to find an entry point into the industry (yes, Said {pronounced sah-eed - the CEO of Applied}, it IS an industry), and can't find an alternative means. Come in as a TMA, work hard for a year, get promoted to a full rep position (TM), work another year and hit some numbers that you can reference on a resume, then jump to a company that actually respects employees and cares about their morale.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! That is literally EXACTLY what I did. Hilarious. Worked out great in the long run...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are only 2 reasons why anyone should ever take a job with Applied.

1. You are out of work. Applied is better than nothing.
    2. You have no device experience and desperately want to get into this industry. They will hire people with no experience in medical.

Now, once you have a job here, stay for a year then start getting your resume out. Because ANY other medical device job you get offered will have better pay, better management, better benefits, and better insurance and 401k.

Plus, most companies will understand why you want to leave after just one year if they know anything about Applied.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So funny...every single post here is so accurate.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left 4 years ago and still read all these post....they are so....................accurate....and so funny.....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They aren't laying off people today, that's a pretty big positive

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, the above poster is right that Applied medical is not laying people off. They wouldn't do that b/c they're too damn cheap! They just discharge employees whenever they want without a second thought. They don't even have a human resources department, just payroll. And since they don't pay worth a shit, reps don't stick around long enough to even get laid off. I only have a few friends left at Applied from my training class of over 25 people last year. None of my friends who are still stuck at Applied have hit their numbers.

This company is a fucking joke! I do enjoy reading the posts on here from time to time. So I guess the ass hole managers and owners of applied medical do provide something after all....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waaa waaa waaa. Is that all you do is fucking complain?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're not stuck. You can leave anytime you want. Why would you want to kill the recruiter when it was your choice to join that company?

If you love Pharma so much more, then go back. What's stopping you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Said has you drinking the kool-aid. Why do you feel you have to defend Applied so much? Are you one of his kids that runs around corporate tattling on anyone that dares to disagree or talk negative of his precious company? Or are you one of the old US Surgical chumps that is getting paid to defend Applied at whatever the cost because 95% of the msgs on this board are trashing Applied?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's just not sales that has the problem with poor structure, organization and managing. It goes deeper with corporate management. Some of these VPs, and Directors are clueless to what they are in charge of. A promotion or title change is like giving a prize to the highest paying bidder - no knowledge or understanding just a YES personality that has no SOUL. Their culture and view on business is so bizarre it's similar to being part of a cult. Clinical Development and Branding Vp's are clueless.....You will crash and burn