Bob Ingram, Help we need you!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, but they were bought because of the Avandia and Avodart franchise, Paxil was and additional money maker but it had a short leash during that time period. Bob wanted and got it but didn't think he would be the odd man out after the fact. His term ran out as an advisor after three years.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

start of the problem, not the solution.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The absolute truth.

SKB was a vicious, spiteful company who only wanted to destroy Glaxo. They never got over Tagamet and Zantac wars. I was with SKB during those years and the motto was that Kytril would do to Zofran what Zantac did to Tagamet. The histrionics they would throw over 'disloyal' doctors changing to a better product. Even then, focus was more on paper pushing and unimportant metrics than real territory results.

I eventually woke up and went to work for Glaxo. Glaxo, and then GW, was a great place to work. Tag watches for finishing oncology training. Run like a small company with innovation and energy, but with the resources of a large company. Sales results mattered. It was very refreshing after the SKB nonsense.

How many of you remember immediately after the merger when a breast cancer division was formed to sell a drug not approved for breast cancer? Effective, compendia listed, but not approved. Two weeks of nonsense training in Philly where I led training workshops, following corporate direction. Video tapes of reps busting their asses to tow the company line and to show they could communicate the product information effectively, only to be told on the last day that all were out of compliance since they were speaking off label. I resigned the next week.The writing was on the wall.

I still have friends who work for GSK so I've watched this mess unfold. While it could have been predicted, because this was the SKB model, it doesn't make it easier to accept. Get out while you can. You will lose ability to find another job if you are viewed by other companies as accepting of working without sales goals and bonuses tied to sales. We all understand the job is more about relationships, access, and formularies and is not sales where the end user is making the decision or signing on the dotted line. But sales goals can be adjusted if a major payer has a product disadvantaged. Reps that accept pay without any tie to sales will be questioned about their abilities. The market is rough but unless you will retire in the next two years, you should move on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Charlie Sanders and Bob Ingram reorganized the sales force in 1991, it was one mistake after another. Good and competent people were let go, demoted and had their power diluted. As time went on, some mistakes were corrected but the damage was done. If you could have two people back, it would be Steigrod and Butler. Be interesting to see how long this post stays up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's why SKB stepped in and took over !

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got that right.........Ingram came from Merk and he was no friend to the reps. He started the ball rollllling down hill!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you have no idea what u are talking about- the current model has nothing to do with SKB.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last post: You are correct about the model. But not about the culture and lack of ethics. SKB has a sell at all costs mentality. Even if it means sleeping with the customer, forging signatures, re-directing vouchers. The list goes on and on. Embraced by SKB...well, they conveniently looked away. SKB's heritage is better suited for a used car sales lot, not in the selling of pharmaceuticals. Peoples lives are at stake. SKB could give two turds about that. Sell, sell, sell! How many times have you tiered? They are corrupt to the core. But you are correct, it has nothing to do with the business model.

Here are a few countries that would agree with me. Poland, China and the U.S.A. I could list a few more, but you get the picture. But hey, the bushiness model has clearly been effective. Patient First, COTs, Testing, and Simulations. Oh that't right, those were self imposed regulations that the government made us implement. Like I said, SKB has the ethics of a public defender.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are ignorant! I picture your faceless, anonymous self taking your Paxil for your acute depression, some Thorazine for your schizophrenia, Compazine for your nausea and maybe alittle Tagamet for your severe heartburn. Let's imagine your blood pressure is up because you moan and groan too much instead of work....so Dyazide might be in your cabinet too. Augmentin is on your counter for that nasty odontogenic infection you can't get rid of because you don't brush your teeth! Last (for this comment) but not least, you have a bandaid on your arm from the Engerix- B and the Havrix vaccine you needed to have. SKF and Beechum has given the world some great drugs and vaccines. Shut up and talk about something you know about.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last post. Thank you for your diagnosis and prescriptions. Obvious SKB lineage. Yes turd bag, SKF gave the world many life changing medications...but it was the scientists who brought those medications to market. You my friend, sound like the company I described in my previous post. Took outstanding pharmaceuticals like Paxil and wrongly (unethically) promoted its effectiveness for off-label use. i.e. pediatric patients. Now if one of those adolescent patients happened to commit suicide what would you say? Well, it happened. So what do you say? Oh they were depressed already...it is a possible outcome of the disease. You are an unethical amoral piece of $hit! I know you. We know you. Unfortunately, many of us still have to continue to deal with your horrible behavior. My prescription for you is not medication. It is a heart to heart confession to a priest. You have no soul. No morality. No ethics. You are a human piece of debris! Oh but you tiered a few times. Congratulations A$$hole!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? You want to go to battle over Paxil when you GW Heritage reps were unethically promoting Wellbutrin off label and for kids as well?! GW Heritage promotion of drugs like Wellbutrin and Advair were part of the reason we ended up getting in trouble as well. Me thinks you need to get over the merger and understand that both companies got us where we are today. I'm seriously glad we don't do business like that now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mis the point young D-bag. But let's just clarify things for you. FACT: WSR/WXL was investigated because weight loss claims were suggested in speaker slides. Advair tried to expand their claim for mild asthmatics. That's it. Not minimizing it. In no way am I proud of it. Now let's take a look at SKB. FACT: Paxil AGGRESSIVELY promoted for use in adolescents which lead to suicidal ideation and suicide in said patient demographic. (not just by speakers, but by sales representatives across the country! Puerto Rico plant implicated and lost a whistle blower case for KNOWINGLY using contaminated facilities and misplacing paxil for Avandia. FACT: SKB promoted representative into management with the only criteria of how often a rep tiered. Despite the fact that many of those reps held positions in geography's which tier year in and year out...even without a rep in the territory for over 12 months. FACT: SKB was implicated internally in "voucher corruption". Ever wonder why we no longer have vouchers?

Again, I could go on and on. It really is pointless, I agree. But when you have seen such unethical behavior, as we all have seen, it is difficult to watch it continue. The SKB culture still remains. Unfortunately. GW as any organization was not innocent in their behavior at times, but the ruthless, unethical, and amoral behavior by SKB was so overt. Many of those individuals still remain and we all know that a tiger never changes its stripes. Even when the DOJ clamps down. notice how "lag measures" are now part of your weekly KPI calls? A damn shame!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SKB here.....remember this man sold out with the merger......he can't help you now I'm afraid.....remember, GSK......the "G" is silent......so hush up !

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

amazing how some people are still upset about a merger that took place over a Decade ago. Did you write this from your DOS operating system? Time to go play some Atari

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I plan to print and present the O/P for my exit interview, whenever that will be.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exit interview? Hate to burst your bubble but that's not gonna happen. In fact, they are cheering in home office that you left. It's one less head they need to slash when the layoffs hit. I don't know of anyone that's left that got an exit interview and in almost every instance their position was not back filled.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever hear of sarcasm?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Bob still worked for GSK he would tell you to go to the EEOC immediately. Don't let them push you around file a complaint this week.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

amen to the original post.