It's just a game

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This job is just a game. I wish it weren't so. I wish I could be smart, use my brain and work hard and feel good at the end of the day. But, that will get me nowhere. Schedule the manager on days so that you can show as many behaviors as possible. Schedule an Inservice, go to the Dr. ahead of time and tell him what to say. Become one of the best cheaters in the field, score high on the tests, check and double check your trackers, workbooks and check all the boxes. Do all that and you win the game! That is the job and they pay you to play. They don't pay you to work and think. So folks, play it well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the O/P. Count your blessings if docs will play charades for you. Access in my territory is horrible and getting worse, just talking clinical to them is a real challenge. There is no game left to play here, just do your job as best possible and hope for a proficient.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #1. That is the most accurate description of me doing my job that I ever heard. If docs like you they will play the game with you and if they don't you are screwed like poster #2

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK cheats all of us through COTS, sims and no test scores in addition to race based IR's. Therefore, I cheat right back and work the system. I do all of this minimal work as I look for another job.....it takes a little time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think the company is cheating you, yet you just admit that you cheat the company by not working for the pay our are given. Pathetic.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is he/she just supposed to sit back and let the company dictate (their) families fate? Are you nuts? No, the company is playing the game and so should we. If they stop race based scoring/paying then we'll begin to work again. Simple.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is GSK cheating you? You know what the rules are! By the very fact that you stay and play indicates that you are willing to play by GSK's rules.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you play the game within the rules..don't beat yourself up, get a hobby or new girlfriend and enjoy the perks of not working in an office an great hours, low stress. as for those reps who feel the need to talk 'clinical'..that's great but pharma sales training is lets just say lacking real world connection to reality..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you just monkeying around or is your question a for real? You really think GSK is treating its employees fairly? Just curious

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job has not been a real job for years. That is one of the reasons physicians quit seeing reps a longtime ago. It is a reason that medical and equipment companies will not hire ex pharm reps. You don't sell, you deliver lunches and kiss ass more than any job in the US.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

above obviously from one of many "deselected" [ fired ]................................

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are not even a field rep, but you get paid to comment anyway. Understanding is pointless, isn't it?