Interview question

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2014 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good evening,

I did a preliminary interview yesterday. I live an hour and 20 minutes from the territory. I said I'd be willing to relocate. The interviewer said she was going to pass me on to the DM. Would where I live and the distance to the territory hinder my chances?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it wouldn't. The reason being is that GSK is desperate for Patient First naive sales reps. If you take a job with this company you will not be happy. You'll regret it for sure. Your future!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the advice but I'm a respiratory therapist and have used their products and I honestly I like using advair with my patients. I understand the company isn't what it used to be but it couldn't be any worse than working for lincare.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's bad and the grass may not be all that green but it still has a lot of perks and pay is good, I live an hour away and travel back and forth , no big deal windshield time is the norm in many territories , I extremely dislike like our current model but I find the silver lining w/ benies, 401k, pension , healthcare , company car, etc.... I'm 10 plus years in and realize industry has gone down hill since the day I got in but, u ride the wave and do the best u can. Our exec. Leadership is ridiculously lost but really what aristocratic group of gobbers isn't . Good luck and God bless you and ur family with whatever decision u make .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you lincare base is 24k and only 500 for gas. I'm tired of working nights in the hospital and I enjoy sales very much. I feel this would be a right step for my new fiancé and I. Thank you I appreciate the true look.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Advair or any old product should be last reason to join a pharma company...sounds like the money is better here..thats' a good enough reason, leave it at that

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a Respiratory Therapist then a better fit for you might be the Respiratory Care Educator. You will not be able/allowed to use your experience as an RT in your discussions with Healthcare providers if you were to take on the position of a Respiratory Rep!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One more thing to consider. This might work to your benefit depending on your race: GSK pays their black employees (black females) more money than white employees relative to their bonus payouts. Don't ask me why I just know that this is a well known fact. Good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sweet! I will take it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy dec to go from lincare to gsk...
    my advice is do gsk for 2-3 years and then find a real company to work for.