What the heck does a CAM do all day?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mean really???? What possible VALUE do they bring to our accounts? No samples. Limited detailing is allowed. LIKE I SAID!!!! WHAT THE HECK DO YALL DO ALL DAY????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a CAM?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They make 6 figure salaries and only work 10 hours a week. They make calls on our offices, as in telephone calls and put it down as a major detail. This is what is wrong with the company. Too many sales reps not SELLING OR GENERATING PRESCRIPTIONS

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also-ask field rep to do something and report results back to CAM, so CAM can put results in a report showing activity and success!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAMs get the products on the EMR much quicker, so all of the sales efforts are successful. If the product takes 4 months to get on the emr, the product is not going to make it to the patients, no matter how many times you ask for the business.

i think they also help top down communications so that the providers receive an email blast about a product internally.

they help open up access to being in sales teams to group meetings so that an uninterrupted sales discussion can take place.

they are part of the matrix team. if you think they are useless, why are the accounts that have CAMs aligned to them have almost a 10% growth rate than those that do not. I would think that is enough to justify the position.

AND, they are not 6 figure salary people. Same pay as everyone else. Probably work 50 hour weeks, just not spending all day makes sales calls. Working behind the scenes with administrators.

My CAM has opened up 2 accounts for me that were shut down to reps. Now, (after a years work) can access all of the providers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R u kidding me? Products are automatically placed on most EMR systems. Already verified with several customers. A CAM is someone who has an inflated ego and thinks they are more important than they actually are. They speak in "corporate terms" and act as if they are an upper level executive. "Breo is currently in the respiratory market space. It offerers your patients opportunities previously not available to them." Some BS line like that....or "Reviewing our KPI metrics, I can see an area of opportunity with the AG 2 segment of our COPD market space". It's a total joke. Those bastards have six figure salaries, bonus and stock options. They generate absolutely nothing for the company. If that position was done away with, GSK would not miss a beat. Do away with them and save millions per year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

based on my experience ---

TRUE:
    "Also-ask field rep to do something and report results back to CAM, so CAM can put results in a report showing activity and success!"

FALSE:
    "CAMs get the products on the EMR much quicker, so all of the sales efforts are successful. If the product takes 4 months to get on the emr, the product is not going to make it to the patients, no matter how many times you ask for the business.

i think they also help top down communications so that the providers receive an email blast about a product internally.

they help open up access to being in sales teams to group meetings so that an uninterrupted sales discussion can take place."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea yea yea. Find another division that is doing well to pick on.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CAM / HAM / IDN / ICT divisions are doing well? Really? C'mon now. All the divisions I mentioned add next to nothing to the bottom line. We all know that. They cost the company millions per year. ROI is negative millions. Show me otherwise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry OP that you didn't get the CAM job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

p90x yo

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, seems like OP didn't get the CAM or ICT or HSAM job they applied for.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally worthless position. My CAM says the accounts don't want her in there and she has nothing to offer them. Yet she is supposed to make 4 calls a day in 6 accounts. So, she's supposed to see CEOs several times a week? Why would they see her? There may be some places in the country where this is valuable, but not in my area, so why have it here? GSK just cannot make decisions that make sense. Have a CAM or HAM where it makes sense. Don't just do a job dump on whole country. What happens when the CAM can't get results?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAM's are playing the game just like the rest of us. Eventually the fat lady will sing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems that there's jealousy that you have to fake more activity as a sales rep vs. as a CAM.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The worst part is, that come lay-off time, CAMs will be placed back into the field. While field reps lose their jobs. TSMs as well. When was the last time a TSM was laid off without having the option of taking a field position?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the heck does a regular sales rep do all day?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do almost nothing! Call the local field rep and mooch on to their lunches. Take any information on accounts and play it off to their managers as if they were responsible for it. They are a negative to the company. Somehow they will take our jobs in the event of a layoff. What a joke!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it all Pharma jobs are a joke. Been doing it for 28 years. The value we add has been watered down to a minimum. The difference between us and the ups person is the uniform and we make more money. Sad!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, but at least we still have a small impact on the doctors decisions. CAMs do nothing tom pact the bottom line. They need to go. would save the company millions. Thinka bout it, salaries of 100k plus bonus plus car plus benefits. Multiply by 10 CAMs = a couple a million per year. How many CAMs are there nationally? Probably 25 to 50. Let those people go. Give them s a severance and let them go. It's time.