Tests and simulations

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a phone screen with a GSK recruiter and I know the company has a Patient First sales model which is very different that what I'm used to, but my question is this. How often do you have to take tests and exams and what exactly are the simulations? I'm out of work so I'm in need of a job but I'm hearing so many negative things about this company. What's it like to work for GSK? What is the salary range for PC/Respiratory Sales Rep?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears that gsk prefers not to hire people with more than one year of experience in pharma because of their tendency to quit due to Patient First. Twice a year major tests where you are later told what your score is with no visibilty to it given back to you, among other things.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget that everyone cheats. What a system! One day this will be a case study for the Harvard school of business showing major failure in corporate america. Damn shame.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gsk does hire people with pharma exp, they also tend to hire new people as well.

I can tell you from hearing it from upper leaders that the reason for this is because you get people constantly complaining, comparing, or offering unsolicitated advice of how their OLD pharma job use to do things. So if you are reading this from gsk or any other company stop this practice if you don't want to rub others the wrong way.

Just think about it, would you tell your g/f or b/f constantly how your old partner did things? Of coarse not, so no matter what field your in doing so is not a best practice.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was hired a month or so ago. Starting salary offer $75K with 3 years previous pharma experience.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #4: what a load of horse crap!!! GSK simply wants mind numbed, unwavering adherence with ZERO push back. "Clean your headgear out new guy!" Try this: my old pharma company treated people fairly and based on their abilities. Does GSK do that? No, we pay people based on the color of their skin.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. They run things here like a dictatorship. Become a zombified follower or you are eliminated. All enemies of the state must destroyed. Reminds me of Hitler which is ironic given the fact that you will flourish here is you are diverse or female. Such a pathetic company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #5. You are full of crap.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #4

Sorry to burst your bubble but I speak the truth. Just like pharma was its own worst enemy in creating less access the same goes for Johnny and Sally switching over and lecturing new companies about how the "old pharma" company did it. It gets old to some people fast.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The test are twice a year, but there are 3 test at one sitting. For example scientific knowledge is 45 min essay, you have 15 min break & then Business Acumen 45 min essay test & last 45 min Customer engagement essay test. The test are Hard! The Simulation, live test with a person asking you questions is twice a year too, it's the same 3 subjects with around 30 minutes each of questions, plan around 1 1/2 hours. My suggestion, if you don't have a job & need to work, take the job but keep looking. You have 1 life, it's better to be happy & you won't be at GSK. Honestly, I used to love my job like many others but now all divisions are miserable.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for another major pharma company, and when I came across this GSK thread I had to read about misery they put you guys through. What in the hell does any of the above have to do with selling GSK products???!!! When I started in this industry GSK didn't exist. Then all of the mergers took place and it became known as GSK. GSK used to be a very highly respected company among it's peers. Now, with this stupid Patient First BS, every GSK rep I run into is a demoralized, broken human being, just going through the motions of "pharma sales".

When did all of this actually begin? Stock market analyst's have criticized GSK management as being ineffective. So why does your management still persist with this failed model?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great questions above. It seems you understand why we are demoralized and broken! The leadership here is a horrid bunch of know it alls that are totally clueless when it comes to motivating an organization or driving sales.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for another major company. I notice the reps here are somewhat incompetent and have a poor work ethic. It is no wonder you are having problems launching new products. We are all laughing at you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is you company looking for a truely talented person to run your US operations.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they just want yes men who won't fight the insanity. Kook aide drinkers who don't care about their employees would be a perfect fit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to Diedre Connolly former Lilly VP

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our company likes to hire people who whine and cry all day. Do you know someone like that?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes it is poor work ethic to be posting on cafe pharma at 3 in the afternoon. Go look in the mirror skippy and have a big laugh

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only way to initiate change in PF is to get off your lazy ass and go down to your local EEOC office and file a charge against GSK for allowing the assessments and simulations to be skewed by massive cheating and fraud and how they use this to discriminate against you. Do it ASAP.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you file first and then come back and let us know how it turns out.