PTSD from Merck experience

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone feel like they have PTSD from working at Merck? Perhaps a bad manager or DCO or better yet back stabbing LER counterparts caused this.
    Share your PTSD story. Of course tell us a cure for it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got it when better half got laid off.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PTSD is very true

Tests. threats of write-ups, more tests, car inspections, emails, "mistakes" on the scorecard reports, actual write-up over R/F due to FDR report "mistake", extra fv, daily RFMs, endless expense reports, expense report error, coaching session over expense report, counterpart written up for making off-label comment in front of DCO, counterpart is "safe" and you're not, she is gloating "are you ok', is there anything I can do? can't sleep, can't eat, getting lost trying to go from office to office; another FV, we may go "3 up", stopped the web-exs but fv continue, can't sleep, can't wake up without coffee, forgot new pi, forgot new detail piece, ready to give up.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think this is PTSD. This is called becoming psychotic. How true your post describes this schriphrenic environment of doing EVERYTHING but seeing customers. Your pain is real and your post is 100 percent accurate. Shall I send you an award of excellence for $25 ...that is our region budget now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very true. I feel completely defeated, exhausted and overwhelmed. Just know you are not alone! I wish like hell I had raised my hand.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our insurance pays for abilify. Use it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Express Scripts is probably shipping antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds to many Merck reps.

I have had dreams of tossing my manager out of the company car when he starts to model a perfect sales call to me.

That said, it takes about a year to forget about Merck. They have a way in reducing you to nothing if you let them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the CTLs safe?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes especially when he models the challenger sales technique. Tuck and roll moron!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen that happen. I must say that my attitude was quite different, though. I was called in for my big "investigation". I got home, discussed it with my wife, then decided to simply quit. If they didn't want me, then I didn't want to be there. I figured I had put in my 15 years and they paid me for those years, so we were even. What I didn't consider was the impact on my retirement. If I had to do it all over again, I would have fought them till the end of time and screwed them in every possible way. That's my advice to anyone being targeted now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why walk away from 15 years? Who gave you that dumb career advice?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My story is almost identical…I quit after withstanding a blistering attempt to oust me (for 3 years) by a young, kool-aid drinking CTL…

I too sometimes think I should have fought them at the end and kept earning the 6 figure salary, but the PTSD thing with Merck is very real, and I just had to get out of there…The place was/is so toxic.

You did the right thing getting out quickly…we all miss the money, but now I am glad I am out of there…Fighting them is much easier said than done…They hold all the cards and you hold almost none…The system is designed to expel you, and if you try and resist it, they really make the CTLs go "scorched earth" on you.

Plus, trying to fight them becomes a debilitating experience in itself, consuming your life 24/7.

FU MERCK.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is a company of attorneys (company and contract) who just so happen to sell products for life science. They are powerful litigators. Vioxx would have wiped out most companies. It was just a flesh wound for Merck. They even fought off the Clintons with little effort.

You are correct, you will lose if you cross them!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a horrible industry but everything that goes around comes around.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The " harassment " until you leave thing is real. I was asked, on a vehicle inspection, the tire pressure on my car. Suddenly, as an exec. rep, a title I know I earned, I couldn't do anything right. I would get panic attacks on Sundays. But I'm a survivor , they were gonna have to run me off which they did. I felt nothing but relief. My bitch of a manager, may she never work again, got hers last year. I was successful in pharma before ( 10 years) Merck and have been successful since ( 8). I miss Merck not at all.
    Merck is not a sales organization. It's a bureaucracy posing as a sales org. That's why it has never been top in the industry and never will be, except in the late 80's to mid 90's when they had the products. Now they are a total has been riding on their cash. They so wanted to be Pfizer and now they are-the bad parts. When they laid me off I threw out all my Merck stuff, rings, trophies, plaques, shirts, all of it. Cashed in my pension as soon as I could so I have no ties and could care less what happens to Merck. Feels great, life is good for me and by all appearances, Merck still sucks.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The female managers in all levels are the worst in this entire industry. They have ice running through their veins, usually no home life to speak of and are just plain evil. They think ridiculous nit picking over nonsense is the way to manage. So busy looking at every leaf they cannot see the trees much less the forest. What a sad bunch of females.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like some of the male managers to me.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like what I've been experiencing, don't know how much longer I can take it, already on antidepressants

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thankfully, they will fall the hardest when they get the axe. Just a matter of time!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steph said you cried like a baby when she fired you