Old Timer confused

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work at Merck years ago so I have a pension and still own quite a bit of stock. Because of that I'd like to understand how the salesforce is organized but it's very confusing.

Do all pharma co. give their reps letter designations? Seems kind of degrading, like you're "just a number". Anyway, can someone please explain what A B C D E reps sell and if office based or hospitals? And what is an L.E.R.?

Thank you

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me give it a shot. All letters work in the same geography for the most part. A & D reps only sell the Januvia line. B sell Dulera and Nasonex and help with Januvia. C sells Zetia/vytorin. And E helps the D reps with a similar product mix. LER is a glorified regular rep that likes to move on to management or inside Merck at a future time. The LERs sometimes work on different projects while working a territory as well. Hope this helps. I hope to join you soon in retirement if I am lucky to get severed on the 23rd of June. Hope this helps in sorting thru the Merck Alphabetical soup system.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about it troll. You'll know who is history in due time.

Iif you were an old timer, you sure wouldn't care how they labeled you as long as they paid your bills. Social Security ring a bell?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumbshit! Didn't you pay attention to the last memo that advised against posting competitive information in online forums? You are now responsible for letting our competition know how we are organized! An pd you are part of the problem that is contributing to the downfall of Merck!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes!! Now, if everything comes crashing down, we'll know who is responsible!!!

We're sorry about this, Ken, causing this company's demise and all is completely our fault. Carry on with your fine work. Let's raise your pay to $20 million this year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the clarification. Is it now common to have 4 detail men selling the same drug? I had the entire product line in my day plus pharmacy calls!

Maybe I should sell some stock.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen old timer. When you have 3 or 4 reps selling the same drug in the same territory it is like no one is selling the drug. There is no accountability here! It might be wise to sell stock here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Old timer
    Did you have job shares back then?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct - we did sell the whole line and were responsible for ALL the medicalinformation to interact with ALL medical practitioners - these current reps couldn't lift out jockstraps - and yes we were ALL male successes - NO females in the salesforce - those were the days

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't equate the revealing of the alphabet soup structure of our of our sales force to the discovery of a secret stash of Nazi plutonium. I imagine all the competitors will get out of this is a good laugh! It should go without saying that Merck is more than capable of overseeing its own downfall without any outside assistance. I mean, give us credit for something

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add to that, all four drugs are has beens or never wheres.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OT here
    Are you referring to the 4 reps selling 1 drug? Now I'm really confused?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they mean 2 reps who share a bonus and salary but get their own car and full benefits.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real question is not how many reps it takes to screw in a light bulb, but how many reps does it take to sell Januvia?

It is a little Shakespearean.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OT here again,
    Why would 2 detail men share a job? Do they get tired after half a days work?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the real old timer and I really own stocks and took a lump sum. My only concern is the stock will continue to perform and the dividends keep coming.

I would not care how they configure the sales force nor the meaning/product assignment of each group.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually us the old timers that invest and save wisely look at social security as extra gravy/play money. We also have income streams from investment, Merck pension/annuity, and other holdings. SS$ is for my next DSLR camera purchase, vacation, or a nice dinner at a chophouse.

True, I don't care about all the layoffs and the sales group naming game as long as the stock is doing well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Gramps, sounds to me like you're spending your children's inheritance! Atta Boy!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen up here jimmy johns, I remember when Panera and Olive Gardens weren't even franchised. I knew your LPNs and Medical Assistants when they were skinny. I remover when cher was good looking. Well, sort of.... Anyway, I had a district manager who rode with me twice a year, not a baby sitter trying to make sure you turn in a full days work like now.