EyeMed Sucks!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has to be the worst vision coverage, I've ever seen. Shame on you Pfizer HR for structuring such a crappy deal for in-network coverage for a family. Next time look at VSP.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be grateful you have vision coverage and stop complaining.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I'm sorry! My recruiter said I was coming to a top company, but I guess this just adds to the list that they and Pfizer aren't quite so tops! I'll look at finding a real top company and guess what, I have the luxury and capability to be able to complain.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Pfizer, employees are a profit center - reducing benefits every year generates millions of dollars for the company. Every Republican should rejoice that Pfizer is more profitable!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Capitalism at its best! If you don't like the deal and you got the talent, move it along to another company with better benefits and pay.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Slugs have eyes ? Who would have known

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, so keep sliming away on you belly!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What else would you expect from one of the worlds largest healthcare companiet es. They want eveyone working for them to have second class healthcare coverage. While we have billions of dollars overseas, there is no such thing as providing decent care for the employees and retirees.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tsk, tsk, tsk. It's all about huge profits and big payoffs for executives and major shareholders. Nobody on this board believes it should be any other way. We'll live with marginal healthcare because Conservatives tell us that's the way it should be and we believe them!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut the fuck up! It is OBAMACARE! Read the HR emails -"changing benefits requirements...." Kindler the swindler helped get this shitty law passed and we are paying for in two ways - in the field and in the company. Wake up people!!!! The world does NOT revolve around NYC.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't you to tell me when to shut up. F-U. We promote our products as being best in class and never to use a product that is less than a Pfizer product. At the same time, look at our healthcare coverage and vision coverage. It's not even second class coverage. Look at your deductibles and tell me how often you get reimbursed from the insurance company or better fact, your insurance covers all charges. Now, you go shut up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG!!!! The Pfizer world does revolve around NYC. In fact there is no other place that counts in the blue oval. Get used to it!

And our ever decreasing benefits have nothing to do with Obamacare. It's the greedy major Pfizer shareholders that are squeezing us so hard. Good old fashioned American capitalism - the spoils always go to the rich. Get used to that too!!!! After all, it's what you keep voting for.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top company maybe 20 years ago!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

back to the eyemed point... once you buy the benefit good luck figuring out how to use it. should do your research before enrolling at work. since you can buy on the open market, i know to buy coverage when i'm going to use it. vsp does seem to be the most clear in terms of how it works from their website and it's cheaper than eyemed. eyemed also pushes lenscrafters. lenscrafters is the worst eye care center i've ever been to.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not just Eyemed that sucks. I was talking with the employee at my dentist's office who does the billing and her comment was that Pfizer dental insurance is one of the worst.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I really hope that you are not a finance or accounting person.
    One of the dumbest posts ever.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I quit Eyemed because Walmart was cheaper. Walmart doesn't even take Eyemed

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gasp! The Boy in the Bubble emerges and makes his first post on Cafepharma!!!! I think we've heard enough from you. Get back inside your bubble.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All glasses plans are junk because they don't cover eye care and won't let you opt out of the "exam" part when you have an actual eye condition other than farsighted or nearsighted (the only 2 diagnoses glasses plans cover).

So - you will have to pay the unnecessary portion of the glasses plan and you service will be billed to your major medical and you will have two co-pays.

The best option generally, is to drop the glasses plan ASAP. It just creates a useless middle man which gets you (possibly) a discount on glasses which the eye care provider would likely give you any way.