Seriously concerned about layoffs in GIP

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2015 at 12:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reading all of the press lately and earnings statements, it looks like everything is on track except... GIP. Can Lyrica sustain our division with the launch of Embeda?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not? Pfizer has spent all of $3.00 on the relaunch of Embeda.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All about access & insurance coverage.
    If GIP cant do it with things set as they are, history tells us layoffs will happen.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Notice how all other divisions are praised?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the CRO post about?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP is "seriously worried" and others seriously hoping for cuts. In fact Pfizer won't ask for volunteers partly because there would be too many people taking the money and leaving this g_d forsaken shit hole, shit brained, shit policy, shit "check the box", filled with idiots company.

But we stay for one reason. The money.

And can't stand my manager.
    The engagement survey is out now, right... So he calls people and, just by the way asks us if we've done the survey... Why? So he can figure out who is telling the truth and giving him the low scores he deserves. When the result come out, he quizzes us while on field rides... "Somebody said this "....." Who do you think that was?
    Everybody dislikes this guy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost all of the managers do this. They are under tremendous pressure to not get low scores and they will punish anyone who they think gets them low scores. Very weird system. Be honest at your own peril.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is there going to be some sort of layoff soon. I am in the latter group of people who is more concerned about no layoff. Lol

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in my opinion not until 2017

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is for this reason that our managers will probably never get another gig that pays over $86 grand after we cut them. Only poorly-trained desk monkeys pull this juvenile stunt.

We have become the laughing stock of an industry that's spiraling the drain. Come 2017, I would bet my oversized left nugget that the industry will be at least 33% smaller. Patent expiry is the LEAST of our worries. Obummercare's impact on payers, hospitals, and PBMs will be the last straw.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is already a discussion taking place in the pain division. There will be another potential re-alignment this year.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's factually not true

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep telling yourself that.
    PFE is one of most headcount heavy companies you will ever find. Somehow more and more people were hired. Too many people in leadership positions have the I'm too good to go that mentality.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are the envy of every sales person-we have drugs that are pretty well established and have to work less than 20 hours a week to "push" them. Out of those 20 hours, 18-19 are spent in the car, waiting for a sig, or eating with nurses. The other hour is reading off of a vid-aid or Selling our great access, co-pay cards, etc.
    Easiest job ever!