COE BS

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you did Dorothy. Then why didn't you do those things last year so you could win CEO? Were you goofing off last year? And what about next year when you do the same things and finish near the bottom because your objectives will be reset based on this year? Trust me, you didn't do anything different than many other teams that won't be going. It is a lottery except for the list of preferred people who win because leadership fixed it for them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They changed the drugs and rules and percentages 3 times then they had the Farxiga reps get fucked by their Bydureon counterparts who failed to launch the Bydureon pen and those sales were also given to the Farxiga reps who had nothing to do with the new pen. Yes I believe that constitutes a lottery. This company ultimately rewards those who do the most lunches and programs whether they sell or not. They may not win COE but they get raises and produce NOTHING. The AZ way.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they. Upper mgt is still trying to get an explanation as to how this works because the sales force has no idea. They are probably as clueless as the reps. For AZ mgt, if you say the top 5% of reps go to COE, that means if there are a 100 reps the top 5 go to COE unless they don't qualify for some odd reason. So, if there are 1000 reps in a area, than the top 50 reps from that area go on the trip. It's easy math. Also, AZ should do something for the next 5% outside of COE. The more people you have in the hunt makes for hungrier reps.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now listen up fools. I will explain it for you one more time. IT IS A FUCKING LOTTERY!!!! Don't try to figure it out. If you win, enjoy. If you don't, don't fret because you have a better chance of winning next year since this years winners will most likely be eliminated in the objective setting process for next year.
    If you stick around long enough you will likely win eventually. They should have every winner explain what they did different that set them apart from the losers. Most have no clue why they won. Why? Because IT IS A FUCKING LOTTERY!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One year I was ranked #1 in sales performance at end of the first trimester. The second trimester rank was at #3. By the end of the third and year final I was #6. You're right it is a lottery, and, as my objectives were raised based on performance throughout the year, try not to peak too early. You may have a better chance. In the specialty force I was in only the top 3 were winners, and as I looked back at the territories none of the initial top 3 were winners.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Phukin off from now on! Not worth the energy!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Many of the best PSSs and managers in the company have never gone to COE while some slackers who never work, lie constantly, and cheat like hell on their expenses have won within their two years of employment before they are fired for breaking company policy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the diabetes side, we were told that the top 10% would win COE. Like most things in this company, either the entire sales force did not understand or we were lied too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone notice the new sales connection announcing the 2014 winners. You have to login to see it??? How many reps are going to call the help desk to figure out what the log in credentials are if you didn't win. Why don't they just send a email out congratulating all of the winners. The list will be very short and distinguished.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a public realtions concern with these lavish trips paid for by patients who endure incredibily high drug costs. AZ particularly fears the government's reaction to these trips. The idea of rewarding a sales rep with a lavish trip for simply dropping off samples and buying lunches for Drs. in exchange for expensive RXs, much of which is paid for with tax dollars is not something AZ wants published or exposed in the press. Most companies have already cancelled these types of award trips. But AZ seems to have trouble letting go of old, outdated rituals.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, for heaven's sake! Congratulations to the winners - whether by hard work, or yes, luck, they get a great trip. Be a bigger person and say "congratulations". Maybe next year it will be your turn. And guess what? When you do win, you too will tell yourself that you earned the trip. That's just how life works, kids. It's not always fair.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't want to speak out of turn, but congrats to all the 2014 winners. I think this thread is more about the company and how they evaluate their representatives. It's short sided and very narrow in focus. You can't judge a rep on just ONE marker (Nrx or Trx). I, for one, would love to see a profitability chart on each territory. Some territories have more share of voice, others can spend extra cash, others have managed care. I could go on, but why. It's something leadership would not dream of implementing. Why? Because it would make them use brain power. Folks, we are working for management so they can look good. We are interchangeable and occasionally we get some bread crumbs (the 5%) so we can rub elbows with the big shots. I changed my mind congrats to the entire 2014 sales force, you contributed to the bottom line and a job well done.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where would upper management go for that paid vacation entitlement?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's how I always win , must be doing something right! LMAO

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad part of this message is that it is 100% true

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a lottery with senior leadership being the only guaranteed winners. If you won because you did something exceptional then it begs the question; why didn't you do it last year and what will you say next year when you finish near the bottom in rankings?
    Senior Leadership knows it is a lottery which is why they don't make a real effort to get to know the winners. Once you return from the trip they will forget your name within days. If you don't believe me, ask one of them to name 3 last year winners from the ranks of PSSs.