How much do you like your company car and would you order it again?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I ordered the Nissan Altima after test driving all the cars. It was the most comfortable seat for the driver, and the overall handling was quite good!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll go ahead and jinx this thread and say I'm surprised at the common sense discussion about the old company wagon selections....(I mean where's the old CP complaints and whines?)....

Had some favorite cars but in the end its great benefit.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you pay and add options to any of these when your order?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, no. Liberal arts grad maybe? For option B, you can own or lease your own car, and just log the personal/biz miles for tax purposes. The lease expense , allocated to biz miles is either reimbursable by employer, OR, employee can put on own tax return as vehicle is used for biz purposes and biz miles are NOT reimbursed . If you own the car, you can depreciate the biz use of it.

Under a) personal use fee is a required charge from employer. so you can reasonably describe it as an employee business expense. It's like being charged extra for having a corner office-- it's an expense you would not have if you didn't wrk there.

Something still seems wrong though. Taxing employees on the value of the personal miles was the standard...but charging a sort of rent payment seems odd. Where does that payment go to? What is the monthly fee being allocated to? Why $140, why not 190 or why not 80? What does the charge represent?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The $140 is a number that is supposed to offset 'normal' personal use with regards to the IRS requirement for that purpose. That's why we get a quarterly statement of additional benefit being reported to the IRS if our mileage exceeds the mileage limits. Don't remember the limits, but there is a monthly/quarterly amount clearly stated in the policy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I turned in my company and opted for vehicle allowance last month.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is a vehicle allowance even an option for most reps? I would much prefer this to the limited company car options.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much do you get for vehicle allowance? Do you still get a gas card? I did not think this was an option for us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the idiots have arrived to our civil thread. Welcome!