A Horrendous Company

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been around a while and this place is the absolute pits. The circus act of Paul and his little side kick, Paul, is laughable. Here in the US on a three year all expenses paid (including their mortgage) assignment and then they'll return home to the UK to sport their favorite ManU jerseys. What's truly unbearable to watch anymore is the CV EBDs act all dreamy around Shittle. It's all a stage act with little underneath. Pathetic.

Overlay reps, IDs, ID Leads, CNS, those are just a few of the completely useless positions. Why aren't the MAPS team doing what the IDs are? Wait they are just without Brilinta. That product is a dog but yet they need a huge dedicated sales force for it? Waste of $$$ but Shittle sells it up the chain that it is needed. Whatever. Half of IDs are interviewing elsewhere or ran to MAPS.

Overlay reps and CNS, don't even get me started. Just a lot of position justification. That $121B offer should have been accepted. Ever ask a customer what they truly think of AZ? Not you personally but AZ? They rank is rock bottom. Zero respect. Where's Tilton when you need him.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with all you said, BUT, I LIKE IT HERE! I worked 3 hours today, and most days, so why complain? We have it made here! Just roll with flow! Play the game! Cheat and lie like hell, and work short days, weeks, and years! IT'S ALL SOOOO GOOD! ENJOY!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree go easy on the overlay reps. The position got dumped on me because when expanded our team ( which was stupid idea). My boss made me an overlay because of strong relationships. Stupid AZ too many reps. My partners are all nice but it is so stupid go back to Britain Paul & Paul. Spittle is a bit sarcastic and disrespectful to his American colleagues.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so predictable once the Brits took over AZ. The best way to describe anything the UK touches is to ad a C and a K to it. FUCKED UP.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and the latest... Toshy boy brings one of his butt swabs over from GSK as a CBD and lo' and behold...He is now a EBD. 4 months as a CBD and BAM!
    I bet there must be so many happy people that were IDPing their asses off for that role but cronyism still reigns.

I bet the morale is growing by leaps and bounds in HQ.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We had the privilege of watchcing the Paul and Paul Comedy Show at FLM where first PH made fun of PS and then later PS got up and did his schtick on PH - har de har har what a bunch of belly laughs look at how buddy buddy we are making fun of each other in the workout room laugh out loud ha ha. THe message was loud and clear. PS is the heir apparent so when PH heads back to London this summer you know who ascends the throne. Har de har har. I can harldy wait.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ back in the headlines for a $100 million dollar Nexium kickback scheme with Medco. $8 million dollar fine assessed. It mentions senior executives who were found guilty and also two executives who turned whistleblower to expose the whole scam. Anyone have names? This could explain the housecleaning that continues in HQ.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh, please, please share names!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was kept under seal until the courts finally ruled and it became a matter of public record. You can bet AZ dragged this out since it has been going on since 2007. You can bet your ass that someone below Zook took the bite in the ass over this one. You have to wonder what happened to the whistleblowers. If they are smart they got the hell out of this cesspool of criminals and half wits.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was the account director handling the Medco Account in 2007? They surely knew this was going on.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you read into this further, it was actually an FBI investigation. Holy shit!!!
    Someone could end up going to jail for this one but my guess is that AZ got rid of the instigators a long time ago. But they could still go to jail.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to jail??? That will NEVER happen! AZ can pay off anyone they want to! Name one pharma person that has gone to jail for wrong doing! My guess is that you can't!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read article below...whistleblowers named:

AstraZeneca to Pay $7.9 Million Over Kickback Allegations
    DOVER, Del. — Feb 11, 2015, 2:53 PM ET
    By RANDALL CHASE AP Business Writer

Share on email0 Comments

Pharmaceutical manufacturer AstraZeneca LP will pay $7.9 million to settle allegations that it engaged in a kickback scheme involving the heartburn medicine Nexium, U.S. Justice Department officials said Wednesday.

The settlement stems from a whistleblower lawsuit filed in 2010 on behalf of the government by two former AstraZeneca executives. The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Delaware, home to AstraZeneca's U.S commercial headquarters, had remained sealed until this week.

The lawsuit alleged that top AstraZeneca executives led a scheme to give $100 million in price concessions on Nexium to the company's largest commercial purchaser, pharmacy benefits manager Medco Health Solutions, in return for preferred placement of Nexium on Medco's list of approved medications and Medco's promotion and direct purchase of the drug.

The lawsuit alleged that the 10 percent discount that Medco began receiving on Nexium in 2004 violated federal anti-kickback laws. AstraZeneca never disclosed the discount, which would have resulted in a new and lower "best price" for Nexium subject to reimbursement under Medicare, Medicaid and other government health care programs, according to the complaint. Instead, the company disguised the discounts with price concessions on more "mature" drugs such as Prilosec, Toprol XL and Plendil, authorities said.

"AstraZeneca denies the allegations," spokeswoman Michele Meixell said in an emailed statement. "It is in the best interest of the company to resolve these matters and to move forward with our business of discovering and developing important, life-changing medicines — while avoiding the delay, uncertainty, and expense of protracted litigation."

Authorities alleged that the Nexium scheme resulted in false and fraudulent claims being submitted under government health care programs and reflected AstraZeneca's "ongoing corporate strategy of profits over compliance in defiance of applicable law."

During the relevant period, Nexium sales in the U.S. totaled about $21 billion, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit alleged in particular that the Nexium kickbacks violated a corporate integrity agreement that AstraZeneca signed in 2003, when it pleaded guilty to illegal marketing of Zoladex and agreed to pay a criminal fine of about $64 million. The company also entered into a civil settlement with the government for an additional $266 million involving the marketing, sale and pricing of Zoladex.

The lawsuit also alleged that AstraZeneca engaged in the Nexium scheme even as it was negotiating a $520 million settlement reached in 2010 regarding the alleged illegal marketing of its drug Seroquel.

The two AstraZeneca whistleblowers, Paul DiMattia and F. Folger Tuggle, did not immediately return telephone messages Wednesday. As part of the settlement, they will share $1.42 million.

A spokesman for Express Scripts Inc., which acquired Medco in 2012, declined to comment.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to laugh at allegations that AZ executives led to the scheme. For tomorrow reps will once again get lectured about how important compliance is and the dangers of not following it, then be required to watch and fill out online compliance training receiving a score above 90% to pass.

Just another case of many.

Or as the saying goes; do as I say, not as I do.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't this happen while AZ was operating under a Corporate Integrity Agreement? Does the US Government have integrity?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not allegations, they are proven and admitted facts. But the sad fact is also that another scumbag AZ executive is receiving a windfall payout as a whistleblower. And the circle jerk of AZ life continues.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And they said Paul D. left AZ to pursue other opportuntities. Huh?? I guess he got even and made a little extra cash. Like the say, Don't get mad, get even.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read it again. There is no admission. Quotes: "The lawsuit alleged that top AstraZeneca executives led a scheme to give $100 million in price concessions on Nexium..." and, "As part of the settlement..."

AZ settles, pays a fine, and never ADMITS wrongdoing. Point of "fact" is, to again quote further in the piece, "AstraZeneca denies the allegations,"

Therefore, the charges remain allegations, but yes, AZ has paid a penalty, settled, and life goes on until the next payoff.. er.. settlement.

Meanwhile, billions have been gained on an "alleged kickback scheme", while the settlement has paid a few paltry million.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oi shit for brains AZ is an English/Swedish company!! There was no taking over needed!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O.K. still say add an F and a C to U.K. and FUCK YOU.