AZ RETIREES TAKE NOTE

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as our $25,000 lifetime maximum has not been exhausted, all AZ meds are supposed to be free, and are not to be charged against the lifetime max.
    This morning I noticed that 2 AZ meds were charged against my $25,000 lifetime max.
    Aetna phone number: 800-445-5302. I recommend that you check the Aetna website: www.aetna.com. to be sure that your AZ meds are not being charged towards your lifetime max. This may have happened to more than just one person. Call Aetna if there is an issue with this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the update. We retirees have to watch out for one another.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Noticed this too. It took many calls to Aetna, but rep admitted that they actually did make this error and would correct my account. Suggest other retirees call soon.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ will take every opportunity to cheat the retirees. They have to be watched like a hawk!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here: Aetna continues to charge AZ meds against the $25,000 lifetime max, every month. If you are on Medicare, you need to check to see if you or your spouse's AZ meds are being charged against your lifetime max. I have called the AZ Benefits Center (800-352-2875) to report this. Have also repeatedly called the Aetna Concierge number (800-445-5302). Aetna (and AZ) are unwilling to fix this.

You can check this by going to www.aetna.com, log in, and click on "View Deductibles and Plan Limits" Under the "Applied" column, click on "Activity Details". This will show you if any of your AZ meds have been incorrectly applied to your lifetime max.

Good luck Friends.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ retirees are of no consequence to AZ. You are damned lucky they even acknowledge you!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct in that. The ONLY reason we are acknowledged is because of the old Stuart/ICI/Zeneca legacy benefits that were in place and carried over as an agreement with the AZ merger. Following the merger the defined benefits dissolved thereafter for any hire.

God bless Stuart where it all began.