DIABETES AS ONE

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on your situation. If you were under the old Zeneca legacy plan it can pay to wait a few years. Chuck and chance it so to speak. You gain two points for each year and the plan is end loaded. Once you've met your points and if a buy out is offered and you can afford to do so, by all means go for it. Plus, the two weeks pay for each year doesn't hurt, that is, if offered again. With the patent cliff looming in 2016 I would think some are hopeful.

I have seen those who got out even when not under an old legacy plan and self ID, and some were "pushed" into it as there were not enough seats as it were.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are legacy Zeneca and qualify for the defined pension and are within a few years of retiring anyway; then by all means you should be praying for another self I.D. opportunity. You can take your pension in a lump sum, roll it into an IRA, and invest your severance wisely to pay the bills until your Social Security kicks in.
    Those that got out when it was offered in 09 are living large. If you are 60 with more than 25 years and you don't take the self I.D. then you are fucking nuts.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You like the change, but is it best for our customers, patients, and stockholders? I have followed this thread and have found it refreshing to here the frustrations and lack of collaboration from the field. I think our people care and the majority who live it everyday feel the dsyfunction and is an outlet to discuss what could be done more efficiently. The point was made that the proof is in the pudding. Will sales growth be greater compared to 2014? At this point I would say no, but the year is early

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tophee has really fucked up diabetes sales. The only thing he can do is change the budget to make himself look good. The sale are deplorable year to date but Tophee is still in his position. Great job Paul. You took a great launch and managed to fuck it up

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whine, Whine, Whine can I get a Whambulance.

Go do your damn job and shut up. What are you getting paid, find that elsewhere, if so, please don't let the door hit you in the ass. I'm so tired of you friction whiners. If you put a fraction of effort in your job instead of this, what could happen.

Maybe not, fired??? Lack of effort??? Worst blog ever…..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But yet you keep coming back. You assume a lot. Most of us are engaged in what we are doing, selling hard so our leaders can look good. It's a tough environment and our leaders underestimated the power of one. You don't want feedback from the field because all you care about is your situation based on your comments. If you would poll the entire sales force I know you would find that are jobs were made harder by the decisions made at the first of the year.

You can't defend the changes, so you deflect by calling us all whiners, leave if you don't like it, etc. Finally, we have the right sales people, but do we have the leadership to make sound decisions moving forward to cause positive change?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get rid of DS4 reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, bad day at the office? Do people treat you like you like this? You obviously lost any self respect you may have once had in your self. if you let people treat you this way then basically your a sell out. If you feel this way, your in the wrong job. You are wiggin out. If nobody paid attention to you on the playground, don't take it out on us.
    The reason people like you fail is that you fail to understand the reasons why things are as they are. You don't care why, you just want what you want. The bull in the china shop method of management is archaic and will not get you the desired results. You are an idiot condemned to an early heart attack with a mediocre career and whom no one will miss when you leave. Is this what your shootin for fella? Grow some humanity before yours is gone. I know you were raised better than this.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's it. Throw a tantrum!
    Try and make life better for someone - shut your mouth!!
    You like change? Well change jobs, leave, if you're not part of the solution then you're the problem.
    There are many people on here voicing their concerns because they truly want AZ and themselves to do well. If someone gets a title by their name, they automatically assume they know more than anyone else. Management decisions aren't the right ones just because they made them. Listen to the people that are actually out here living and working with the decisions you made. Get rid of your ridiculous reports and spreadsheets you use to make your daily decisions. Get rid of all the "yes" people you surround yourself with who tell you what you want to hear and agree with you about everything(butt kissers). Face it, you do not know everything. Basically I am saying that you really don't know crap. We all want to make this company a success, but it's people like you that hold us back from doing so. Take some classes on people skills. You really need them. Stop being such an ass!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great insight here.
    This was one of the best threads going, then the jerks who want to correct spelling or say people are whiners showed up. Can the insult posters just go away.
    Anyway, the best line here is the job was made harder by the changes at the beginning of the year.
    Sales are down big time.
    How much longer can they wait? I see Jardiance passing us soon just like Tradjenta outsells Onglyza.
    Can anyone believe this is happening again?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't implement to plan. Don't you understand it's sales fault?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They pushed for programs, and overspent. They pushed for field activity, and overspent. Management direction was to push for as much as possible. Numbers are really bad.

So, now, shut off the programs (thank you finally) and crash budgets to nothing. Blame reps.

Did it ever OCCUR to them the problem is not the reps??? This whole fiasco started from the reorganization, to the incredibly ridiculous spend on programs, and plain and simple poor management skills in every facet of our day to day functioning. From personnel, to budgets, to brand team messaging, to managed care, and right down to the terrible plain 3 page injectable marketing pieces. Oh and I forgot the ridiculous sales planning tool with unreal call commitments, which the brand team still blames on the reps.

Right, let's blame it on the reps. When the h@ll will upper management see through this total disaster?? Total insanity. Totally AZ!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll gladly leave and be put on another contract. Contrary to popular belief, most of us don't want to work for your mess of a company. However, if it makes you feel better to make us feel like "the help", please continue. Who's really laughing at who?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the injectable team got a new product. Let me guess, market research showed that physicians need a twice a day, nausea filled prescription to overcome postmeal sugars. What are leaders don't understand is physicians understand that all GLP-1's, whether qd or once a week, accomplish the same thing. So glad I'm on the oral side. Do wish we had the total portfolio for better teaming and appointments. Welcome to the New and Improved diabetes team.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes we had to sit thru 7 hours of training. I'm surprised that are trainers and leaders do not understand why physicians use GLP's. People are frustrated and losing confidence in those leading the diabetes sales force. They are trying to create an injectable team as the oral side has numerous products that can be promoted together. Growth has slowed and they wonder how this could be? Quit listening to your 20 physicians who fill out your forms "market research" and start acknowledging your sales force who has a pulse of what transpires out in the field

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would agree with that. You would look at your manager and say "Who's side are you on today?". Which rep is their favorite?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Diabetes as one alright...one big layoff. Good luck losers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I were on injectable side I would hammer the dpp iv class. Based on structure of company why would you care about us oral reps. Remember TZDs doctor, well guess what? We might lose three products: Onglyza, Kombi, and combo. I guess that would be one way to reunite the sales force. Back to selling Farxiga and Bydureon together again. Be like old times