Topher Brook

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2015 at 8:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He has really fucked things up in diabetes. where did he come from?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know. He is way over his head and the drugs are going south because he has upset any momentum that we had going into 2015. All the ex BMS people are leaving. Great job Topher

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poor guy is getting a beat down on here, but I totally agree. We had the Tanzeum teleconference and it was interesting to see the Budureon trajectories. When they said they don't understand their momentum, I almost fell over. The only reason Farxiga ever took off is because of the value card and sales force. Lets face it, there aren't any real clinical advantages and it's basically a me to drug. It was a great marketing strategy. I hope they ask themselves why every other SGLT2 has adopted a similar value card. However, they think Bydureon is worth the copay because if it's efficacy and three year data. The only reason Bydureon started growing in September was because of the pen, not the three year data. I can honestly say in my territory that I haven't had one doctor that has been awed by the Duration 3 data. AZ needs to match the Tanzeum value card and revert back to smaller/old territories that have three reps per territory selling injectables and orals. They should make the split-Rep 1 60/40-inject/oral, Rep 2 50/50 inject/oral, and Rep 3 60/40 oral /inject. This would significantly increase share of voice, which we are getting killed on, and get teams working together again.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Topher is getting paid and needs to be accountable for his actions. I believe the salesforce thought only managers would be affected by all the changes but in reality managers territories got smaller and reps territories were drastically changed. Who actually is responsible for calling on the doctors. All the changes have created reps competing with each other and Topher needs to be removed

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Topher is doing the best he can with what he has. Look at his EBD team. He finally got rid of one complete embarrassment. Hopefully more to follow. He needs to get some strong leaders in there who will treat their people right and deliver results. Lots of talk but little actions. The ESS division still fails to produce and operates in a silo. Also, his maps leaders are way over their heads.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If he was the brains behinds splitting the oral and injectable and giving each manager 6-7 reps he needs to go

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nailed it

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was. This is his baby. He is the head of diabetes. What a leader

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

want answers? Pharma is not direct sales. Need to have Look at his background. Smart man, well educated yes, but that doesn't create an automatic expertise in pharma marketing, especially not if one had never ever carried a bag in any capacity.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He needs to be removed. this diabetes unit will not function under his rule

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people whine about everything! If you don't like the leadership leave.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You act as if we ( myself ) are afraid to leave. I would if the opportunity comes up. The point is I'm discouraged enough to not want to stay. Pay me - but don't expect me to b happy.

Topher please change something, Anything.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were here first. Who is more important to sales, Management or the sales force?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. If you don't like it here or the management, leave? Who do you think is creating the sales? Peoples voices in many corporations today means something, most notably tech. Apparently that doesn't mean anything in Pharmaceuticals.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a difference between majoring in Philosophy from Colgate and understanding the business dynamics of diabetes. Academia can leave.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't care if he stays or goes, as long as he changes his name. Jeez. Who does that? Seriously. Chris, Christopher or even C-Dawg works, but "Topher???!!!" Am I right?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How 'bout Go-pher Broke?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His mommy said Topher would make him special.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy has really screwed things up in a short period of time. The morale is the lowest I have seen it. Thanks Topher

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Topher sounds like one of those prep school arrogant rich fuckers that go to some Ivy League school and thing dressing down means removing the sport coat and where their sketchers without socks. I will bet you a dime to donuts that this guy is from a state in New England and never set foot in a public school. You know his nickname had to have been Tofu.