Hand gun permit?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who has them? Some of us that are in bad geographies are smart to have one.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would think a decent amount have one, but company policy states "no" firearms in company car. Enough said. It would be interesting if someone pushed the issue and sued based on 2nd amendment. You would think the Bill of Rights would trump a company's rules.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"You would think' but you would be wrong.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The key word here is company car and assuming you are also a company employee then the company gets to make the rules. If you don't like them then go somewhere else to work. You have a right to drink alcohol in every state and smoke grass in a few, but not during working hours and never in the company car.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I carry a .380 everyday in my coat pocket, and have for years. I have a concealed carry permit. My safety is far more important than their stupid rule!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.380, .357, .40, .45, 9MM..... All good. "Nothing like the smell of gunpowder in the morning.......It smells like.....victory."

Yes, I know I substituted gunpowder for napalm. You get the gist.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you worked in Detroit, South Chicago, or East L.A. one of two things would most likely happen; either someone will take it from you or they will take it from you and shoot you with it just for yuks. By the time you pulled it out to defend yourself you would open up a war zone and trust me you would be out gunned.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. Out gunned by people that illegally received the guns.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you are laying in the morgue it won't matter if the guns were legal or illegal.
    My point is that carrying a gun should not give you a false sense of safety. Even in open gun battles, the cops are on the losing side and they are trained professionals. The element of surprise trumps your hidden gun with its safety on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you don't believe there is a need? Ever? How about outside of AZ? Or spouses being trained and/or concealed carry? Vacations, road trips etc. I would really like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Do you have any experience carrying a gun, professionally or other wise? Have you been in gun battles and know how you will, or would react?

Most interesting conversation to say the least.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to carry then you have a prefect right to do so provided you do it legally. And the chances that you would ever have to use it in self defense are very slim. But if it makes you feel safer then by all means. I am just saying that as a deterent, it is not all that effective unless the bad guys know you have it and pick another victim but that argues against the whole conceal and carry thing. By the time you pull it out and they know you have it, where I live and work, it would be too late. At the very least they would take it from you but more likely they would kill you first and then take it. They kill gangbangers here all of the time who they know are armed. So if they want what you have they are going to take it one way or the other and having a gun is not going to scare them off.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for responding to my post. I would like you to google or research how many people survive vs die from gun shot wounds. In asking you that question, I am suggesting you are making assumptions that are not true and present a false premise about guns, safety etc. You are absolutely correct in stating a concealed carry firearm is not a deterrent. Pulling a gun vs your wallet to hand someone is really a different animal. The element of surprise IS with you at that point. What is almost never discussed is weather one really has the intent to kill a would be assailant. Most people never come to terms with that thought and the average person that would carry a gun will get killed if they can not take someone else's life "in the moment". The back side of that story is your assailant wanting your life or your possessions? If he or she is intent on your possessions then they aren't prepared for your use of deadly force. You see, we all flinch when presented with "fight or flight". Your experiences may be different than mine and I am ok with that. I am suggesting we don't paint everyone with the same brush. Each person that wants a gun shouldn't have one. That goes for good guys and bad guys. You may be thinking that is the same thing you just said. But is it?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If carrying a gun for self protection was such a deterent then we would be reading a lot of articles in the inner cities about people warding off criminals or saving theirs or others lives. How many of these stories do we hear vs. people who were shot or accidently shot a friend or family member with their own guns?
    Having a loaded firearm in your house is far more likely to result in an accidental shooting than warding off a robber or a physical assault. The stats don't lie.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most interesting conversation? I'd say most ridiculous and self serving. Why self serving? The whole conversation seems steered toward convincing yourself that your gun is going to protect you. Bottom line, we are not in a combat zone. AZ does not give us combat pay. If I was required to work in an area where I honesty thought I needed to carry a weapon to defend myself I'd refuse to call on that area. Plain and simple. I just would not go. We are sample jockeys and I am not going to get killed over my iPad or company car. As a Christian I am not going to kill someone over stuff. I am not sure how anyone, Christian or otherwise could rationalize taking someone's life over things and stuff.

To the points going back and forth about thugs taking your gun, very true. So another poster said the thugs would be using an illegal gun? Of course they would be. But a large number of those illegal weapons come from thefts of guns that were legally owned. How responsible were the original gun owners if their weapons were unsecured and in turn stolen? It is the easy availability of guns and the glut of weapons out there that increases the number of illegal weapons on the street. More good guys with guns inevitably means more bad guys will end up with guns.

What a sad world so many believe we live in. Of course bad things happen. Of course there are criminals. But you and your family are more likely to be harmed by your illusion of protection than by those you seek to protect yourself from. How many stories of accidental shootings, children tragically accessing guns or suicides do we have to read about? How many people who were at one point deemed responsible to own a gun end up snapping and kill their spouses and then themselves in a moment of insanity? Why do those stories vastly outnumber the stories of some gun owner fending off a bad guy with his Sig Sauer? Because that safety is an illusion.

The worst thing I read in this post was the sincere question someone posed about carrying outside of work. They asked about vacation. Seriously? How sad that while most are packing sunscreen and fishing poles and heading to the lake or Disney, you are anticipating and imagining this nebulous danger where bad guys are lurking around every corner ready to harm you. How sad for you. But hey, it's a free country. Enjoy you second amendment rights. One request though - please secure your weapon. Whether that is on your person or in a locked drawer or safe when you are not. Please do not simply leave it in your glove box like Kevin Ahles. Please do not leave your "gun purse" unattended like Veronica Rutledge. Please do not assume your children do not know where it is or that they would never mishandle it. Please do not allow it to be stolen and became yet another one of the millions of illegal guns on our streets. I ask that of you in all seriousness as someone who supports your constitutional right but fears that many do not take that rights as seriously as they should.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have met a lot of deer hunters who indeed have every right to own a high powered rifle with a scope and to hunt in approved hunting areas during deer season. But I also know, having met some of these people, that I would never want to go into the woods wearing camo knowing that these morons, many of whom drink in their deer stands to stay warm are waiting for anything that moves.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would still like to know what makes any of these posters experts in the use of firearms? Do any of you have experience as law enforcement officers? Municipal, State or Federal? Maybe one them is a firearms instructor?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't. Just a bunch of know it all libs that think they have the answers. I'll continue to carry thank you very much. If they take my gun away before I put one into center mass, then they won but at least I will defend myself vs. shitting my myself.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're responding to a troll. Over the past few years, he or she hits various CP company sites around this time of year with the same smack talk.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I'll bite. There have been hundreds of thousands of reps in the past 20 years. Many of us worked/still work in "top 20 most dangerous cities" of America. Outside of that poor Pfizer rep that got jacked in Yuma, CA (NOT a dangerous city by my standards), I've heard of no reason to pull a gun while in the field.

So please forward the links to the accounts of reps assaulted over the years. By your estimation, if even .2% of us working in these "dangerous cities" were threatened, there would be scads of articles, CP complaints, and the like, right? Especially because so many are women in these "dangerous" territories.

Bottom line is that you can do whatever the hell you want. But cease with the hinted racism, the fear mongering, and the weak-assed attempts to stir the pot. State your pro-gun view, step off. And now, its Merck's turn for you to post the same query, right?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. I've heard that same old tired Pzizer rep story myself. Sorry for him if it's true, but one story with hundreds of thousands of us in territory throughout the years, not bad. These gun nuts will have you think we live in the Wild West. Sadly, their lack of judgement is what endangerous us most.