Former Forest Reps...

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got into technology. Working as a database analyst and going for more certs. The pay isn't what I made as a rep, but it isn't bad for someone new to the field without a computer science degree.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

finally got my MD in Colombia, SA. 3 years then residency in Miami. Now do dermatology at a health clinic. Salary is $562K in past year. Work 4 days a week. Miss the old friends at Forest but much much wealthier today (age 37).

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, congrats. I worked for Parke-Davis, and we co-promoted Celexa when it came out. The Forst reps. I worked with were a lot of fun. We sold a ton of this stuff in Virginia....Forest managers wanted to sell on efficacy....we got together and told docs, Do you get push back from pts. if you mention Prozac or Paxil....they said YES...We said Celexa is just or good or better than those...with a better safety profile....It flew off the shelves. We did not bore them to death on..efficacy.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great memories of old Forest Labs...Howie took care of us ! Made a boatload of cash and treated so well. My DM was a wonderful person. After the end moved into internet based sales and now ready to retire at age 56. Many great folks at FL and wish all the best to everyone. Happy Easter !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I go back mid 80s to mid 90s. Before we had prescription products: take end of selling injectables.....
    Great company, good people. If you produced, you made money. Forest Still in Pharma but into Biologics now. Best part was the Forest stock options, wow.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20 year industry veteran who spent 5 yrs at Forest. Doing Biologics now. Pay scale is muuuuuch better in addition to culture. Grateful that Forest gave me a chance but after I left is when I realized how dysfunctional it really was. In my opinion Biologics is where it’s at these days. Just look at where the industry R&D $’s and pharmacy benefit spends are all trending. Retail pharmacy with small molecules is dying.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spent 15 years at Forest and worked directly for Mr Solomon in corporate suite. Was great man and yes very generous with the stock options and big quarterly bonus. Also a genius and true leader. Retired at age 50 and live off all my past earnings.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forest was a bunch of sleezy sluts in the 2000s, worst in the industry by far. Small enough to stay under the radar-bunch of whores.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS on this, no Derm out of residency making these $. Unless your using your degree for asthetics and doing Botox 12 hours a day, not a sustainable model in current pandemic.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I remember my DM bragging about his very frequent ride alongs with his newbie gals. Said he got more axx than a toilet seat. Those were the good ole days !!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ex Parke Davis rep here. I launched and co promoted Celexa with Forest. I can verify that Forest was full of cheaters, sleaze bags, and reps that pushed ethical boundaries every day. Selling off label was encouraged and expected. Glad that shit is over.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes it was a culture of unethical slackers and cheaters. They deserved jail time. They gave pharma a bad name.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember the DM ride-alongs with the newbie female grads? They got 'trained' and graded on their performance ! This may have happened all over in pharma but Forest was really good.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Carl Ichan Documentary! TWA done; Forest ✔️

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great place to hook up ! Great ride alongside for teaching sales techniques.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I miss my dm

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I miss Cindy

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh for the good ole days before I had to leave. I miss the ride alongs.