This is how it's going to happen

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

June: POA's you're all going to be notified that there will be a layoff.

August: Layoff's 8-12%- worst preformers on the teams- the guys that don't work. They will get that severance package they signed last year. Their stocks vests and they leave quietly, happy and with money in their pocket..

A couple days later: New company is formed- you're all happy because you made the cut.

6 months later: (watch for an early POA in February) New CEO tells you that some cuts have to be made. "it's just not working the way they wanted. Saphris is a crapper and no one will buy the COPD products from us. we have to make up for it somewhere"

Same day: you're all notified again that layoffs will happen in 60 days.

60 days later:(end of March or FY15) 25% random layoffs. Only this time that severance contract you signed last year is void because this layoff is not as a result of the merger/take over. Your stocks do not vest, and your prize is Obamacare for life.

Think on it. Get out now.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right. I'm gonna tank my numbers so I get laid off with the good severance package.
    While I'm tanking my numbers l'll look for a new job so I get the package and a new job. If I don't get laid off it looks like I'll be setting a great baseline so I can crush my numbers in the new company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an idiot. Stop posting like you know something. Any source to back that up?? Didn't think so

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a manager. When you interview for your new job with Actavis read the offers fine print.

Don't want to believe me? I don't care. You will remember me when you are let go.

Think on it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same effing idiot posting on here in Feb, guess what Douche Bag, got my new vehicle and iPad training.... Moron

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're like a fortune teller.. Give just enough things that could happen and people latch on. For example.. Look for a poa in February. Really? That would be super insight if we didn't have a poa basically every February. And what signed severance contract are you speaking off? We have a plan in place yes, but we never signed it. It wasn't like the company was asking for us to approve of it. It's common knowledge that the better our drugs do, the better chance more reps will be needed. Saying there will be more cuts if some of the drugs don't do as well is like me telling everyone the sky is blue. That was going to happen regardless. Just don't give us your stupid timeline. You are a recruiter or a douche.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for caring about everyone else to give us this insider information. There really are good people in this world with no hidden motives.

You are a good egg

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So only 11% of Aptalis was retained? Sound about right? These reps will replace the Forest low-performers. The OP is correct. They will know what's up in June.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Step 1 is your June POA. That's when I PREDICT you will find out about the layoffs.

I have no insider info this is all a prediction. I Just researched the timelines of BS's last two company slaughters and compared them to what I had been hearing from BS himself. It makes sense that they will "trim the fat" this summer and easily replace them with Aptalis reps. Apparently only 17 were kept. Now they have to combine Actavis and Forest. Advantage Actavis!

The one thing I proposed that no one is thinking about is the 2nd round of layoffs. I chose that notice to happen in Feb because it's two months before April; the beginning the the fiscal year. It makes sense and is comparable to the sherring layoffs. Plus a labor cut at this time will have a positive impact on the stock earnings for q1 of the next year. These layoffs are less forgiving. There is a number set for each territory in different terms; salary, production, reviews. If you don't fit the equation you're out. Not to be a dick but this is how these things happen.

That's probably a good point about the usual poa's in February but I honesty cannot remember one before this year happening in Jan/Feb. I may be wrong. O yes I do! The Bystolic and Savella launches were in January.

I'm not trying to be a dick with this thread but it makes sense if you can open your narrow mind. If you were in BS's shoes and had to make as much money for the shareholders what would you be doing right now? To do this accurately you would have to eliminate all the empathy in your body.

Think on it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But will we be vested with the unvested stock options when the change in control happens??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you won't be vested with the unvested options. the RUI's have to kick in first, then it goes to the street for review, comes back inside before the board of directors, then the decision is made once the power changes hands. it gets a little tricky, but trust us! We are here for you! We are here for you!

Prepare, prepare and prepare even more! The STORM is coming! Cuts will be DEEP, DEEP and DEEPER!!!!

INSIDER HERE: Cuts will begin at the end of this month and it will be much deeper than you think. Just like the Aptalis "slaughter" (they only kept 21 reps of 146), cuts here will be very, very large. Corporate will tell you %'s,, this that and the other thing. Whatever they tell you or rumor it, just multiply X 3! It will be big, it will be bad and it will be devastating to many employees as well as families. sorry for the bad news but reality will hit soon and it won't be pretty!!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But when the merger happens will the vested be unvented or will the invested then become vested, if so, when will the vested becom vested? I am looking to start another job but I want my unvented options so I cash $$$$ in

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are let go after the sale date, all of your options will vest.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The vested will become unvented only when the vent is free and clear form all debris and dirt particles. Then when it becomes unvented the air flow will be much greater and cleaner. Then sometimes the vested will become vested and some will be vented. hope this helps with your decisions along the way!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like we have a winner!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are way off base. Stock holders would never allow BS to delay the cuts until next year. Youare no bussinessman! Cuts start big time in July. Reps will be purged. Fake calls, poor sales, bee technology like Vick and on line sales make reps. OBSOLETE.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first one will be big. You'll feel safe and then February will come and you're back on the chopping block. Adios.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the exec appointments. Forest execs got the shaft. BM has no direct reports. JL said in his speech to our management staff "why would anyone leave? I'm staying BM is stayin." But Mr incompetent? Who is reporting to BM? It's not you. Oh is that because you're done too? Lololol. I agree the first round will be good sized. The second round will eliminate the fat.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sr DM here: Let me just get to the point: Layoffs start in Q3, If you don't understand that means July.

Layoffs based on performance evals. If your sales numbers are in lowest quartile you are basically toast. Start getting your resume updated.