Sonosite

Discussion in 'Sonosite' started by Anonymous, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any information about this company? I was contacted by a recruiter regarding portable ultrasound sales in the Mid West. Im in Ortho and can't believe they would want someone outside cardio.... How is the $$$$, products, interview process, etc...??? thx

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an upcoming interview with them, but am strongly considering declining it. I talked to three reps (now former reps) over the last few days and they all said that this is a dead end opportunity. Sonosite recently acquired CardioDynamics and they all said it was not a good acquisition. There were 30+ reps that came on board from CardioDynamics and more than half are already gone. The BioZ has lost a big portion of it's reimbursement, the EndoPat contract is up in April (and not considered part of your quota) and the NanoMaxx is a $30K ultrasound device that they want you to sell to PC, IM and Cardiologists to do a procedure that is not getting reimbursed yet. Do yourself a favor and talk to some reps before leaving your position in ortho...I don't have all the details, but I have reached out to some reps via LinkedIn and am not liking what I am finding.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What comp package did they tell you? they told me 55k base, with a guaranteed 3k per month for first 6months.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is exactly what they told me as well. I ended up not interviewing with them. I found out the last rep quit after one month and the rep before that was only there for 6 months. Big red flags for me as I've only heard bad things about the cvdm division.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they hire x verathon managers like Mike C and he was at the bottom of the rankings what's that tell you?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewing for the position in NC- is the climate really that bad? Sonosite is well respected in the hospitals and just thought that this would be a challenge. Does anyone know what the training program is like?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too am interviewing for the CVDM position. Selling to physician offices no hospitals. I've heard it is a hard sell. Can anyone give an update on SonoSite CVDM positions. My recruiter tells me that 23 of 50 reps are being replaced which is very concerning here. Are their any reps in theis divsion doing well? The product looks very interesting.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a one trick pony and the reps are all looking. The comp plan was just changed to try to keep the reps from leaving. Stay clear.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay far away. The comp package is not what you will make. The reps are all looking. One trick pony. Poorly run from Washington.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People are jumping ship like rats from a sinking ship. HR is clueless and rude. They treat their people poorly. Shame good product.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats is going on with you guys? There are four Regional Manager positions open (Mid-Atlantic, South Central, Great Lakes, and West). Did they all get fired or just leave?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh don't forget the Southeast!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All leaving due to bad comp plan.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There has to be more to it than bad comp plan.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you'all witnessed was a mass firing of The CVDM sales channel that was preceded by all hiring/ prior to the terminations. 2 RBD jobs are still currently available, 2 have been filled with by what can only be described as the micromanagement-ization of the sales team. As a matter of fact,They have moved to a B / C team mentality. ( funny , but the RSM' s don't realize that they are The C team ( the NE RBD is a failure due to instability issues, was brought in via a personal connection , and will be gone soon enough.

Many of the top TM are looking to leave, creating several sales opportunities if you are looking for a 2.year gig. Recently corp was gutted , key people fired after the recent acquisition
    In this era sales is the safest position if you can perform. However, Mindray will have an impact in several key geographies and it will be a challenge that Sonosite will not survive as a leader.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be an insider, so why do you stay at such a train wreck ? Are you B or C team / minor league loser as well? If you are in the NE you are correct about Susan C@RBO- but she has been around long enough that you would have left if you could.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be an insider, so why do you stay at such a train wreck ? Are you B or C team / minor league loser as well? If you are in the NE you are correct about C@RBO- but she has been around long enough that you would have left if you could.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many open sales (TM) positions. Watch for more. Sh!t company now. Sad that management has almost sunk this ship. Great reps leaving now, bad ones will follow

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of open positions now
    Proceed with caution.
    Cheers,

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and another one bites the dust !