Endochoice opportunity

Discussion in 'EndoChoice' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call from a recruiter on Endochoice. What's the company like? Is Fuse really an innovative technology? I called 3 GI clinics in my area and nobody had heard of it.

What's the average rep make?
    What's the company leadership like?
    What have the sales been of the Fuse product?

Thanks in advance!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It's best to stay completely away from this scope opportunity. There's been "0" interest from physicians. Although there's 3 different images, the screen size is minimized. Endochoice is a me too company started to gain share by price alone."

I posted this earlier in the year and now it's more true than ever. FUSE has had major product issues and still isn't right. Sales Management is completely "FUBAR". What region or part of the company are you interviewing for?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a friend at EC and earnings are in the low $100s because the goals are ridiculous and you are worked to death. Managers asking for way too many reports that they end up doing nothing with, filling out useless customer databases, and products are cheap quality. Typical start up- no money to pay and ask the world of you. I interviewed there and actually glad I got an offer with another company because I probably would have taken the job had I gone thru the process. My buddy there works as a support tech for their scope equipment. I think his job is actually pretty easy--$100k and he only works in cases like every other week---and I think that that says something about how their scope is selling. Scope actually looks pretty cool but Stryker owns that market. Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was believing all of the above until the last point. Stryker has no share, none. This is Olympus 85% and Pentax 10% and Fuji 5%. Either this guy is full of it and is angry he didnt get the job, or some other reason. Probably no offer as he had no clue who the players were in the market. I don't believe you got an offer.

Can someone provide actual sales results vs goals data? Or are we going to hear more BS opinion.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummmmmm........other than the Stryker thing the poster is spot-on, but you can't fault the poster for that- poster said they got an offer with another company, not EndoChoice as you stated, and what do you really remember from multiple interviews and companies you research? Goals are always totally unrealistic and we get brow beaten over them, then they change them frequently throughout the year. Everything is by the seat of their pants. We've already had 2 quota adjustments this year and it's still just May. You want data? OK. I work at EndoChoice. In the first 5 months I think only 5 and maybe just 6 people have sold a Fuse system and that's out of 45 reps with Fuse being on the market since last November. We have to sell $1,000,000 or essentially 5 units by December and the thing has had so many product issues it's insane and everything is rushed out the door with the thought that it'll be fixed sooner or later. Each year about 25% of the reps make their goal target comp number. In the companies I came from that number is usually 45%-60% making their target number. Quotas need to be attainable. Not here. No 401K match. Benefits are well below average because it's a start up as one of the posters said above. Most come on board for the excitement and prospect that EC will one day be something big but unfortunately it's not shaping up that way. This will be a big and telling year for EC.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we post this shit publicly on CP to what...feel better about our selves? makes us feel smarter? or we like laying it all out for competitors to troll on with...why make it so easy for them to rip form our play book?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Omg that's funny. Play book? Seriously? What exactly is in that play book? And why would anyone want to know it? .... so they could duplicate this total shit show? THERE IS NO PLAY BOOK YOU DUMB SHIT. THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THIS PLACE.

What a bait and switch job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I left this POS a couple years ago. Funny how some things never change. Fucking losers. They couldn't get anything right. Is Eddie still there??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0.0 interest?? Not in my area. It's definitely a challenge but Fuse is moving in the right direction and there is physician interest. Management is a little fubar but if you do well you get left alone for the most part. EC is a good entry into med sales with experience in capital eq, devices, supplies and diagnostics. The job provides great experience and will open a lot of doors for higher paying, easier jobs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long has Fuse been on the market? End of 2013? How many Fuse units have you sold?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand why some of you get on here and complain about all the problems we're having with Fuse. What good does that do?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get why people get on here to complain about the people who complain about Fuse.

"A man creates his own conditions" --Oprah or somebody
    "Problems created by man can be solved by man" --Tim Sabien

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong quotation douche-nozzle. Get it right if you're going to use quotations. You're probably the one on here airing your grievances about the fact that you can't sell for shit. Or else you're one of the J&J fucks turning this company to shit.

"If it was created by man it can be solved by man." Tim Sabean

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! No doubt. And he didn't even spell Sabean correctly.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the two or three J&J hires are the root cause of this company's problems. Out of the 300+ employees, those three people are really the reason...

You guys are a bunch of crybabies on this board.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, hi management! At least one of those J&J guys is the reason a few of my friends are interviewing. As we don't have enough issues he creates even more. But I'm sure that's a good thing because it's gotten around that he just wants to fire his entire team and start over. That's a pretty smart thing to disclose to a TM.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waaaaaahhhhhh!! When someone calls me on my whining, I immediately think that they are from management,

Go ahead, interview. I'm sure that there are plenty of device companies who want to hire a rep who comes in at 85% to forecast from selling lube and cleaning brushes.

Posting at 10:45 in the morning? Sounds like you're working hard. Maybe you should take that energy and put it into driving Fuse sales instead of blaming other people for your problems on Cafe Pharma.

B-O-O

H-O-O

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no axe to grind in marketing dept. these Ethicon "new hires" in mgmt at least have a semblance of biz acumen unlike you dolts out in the field

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just an outsider weighing in here, but aren't you "managers" the ones that hired the dolts? That one's squarely on you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is for the original poster: I think the main concern you should be having is the company's stability and where they will be a year or two from now. It doesn't look good. The company hired 100s of new employees to support their new scope system, essentially doubling their head count in the last year. The problem is that sales are virtually nonexistent on their scope. EC is hemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate and they leveraged the entire company's future on their new technology. There have been a few rounds of fund raising from VC firms but that will soon dry up and with such dismal scope sales, it's not likely that those firms will continue to throw good money after bad for another round. When you see founders of a company taking money off the table and reducing their equity stake (that had already been diluted by the VCs), that's something to pay attention to. Why? Why are they doing that at this time in the company? Is that a vote of confidence? Shouldn't they be doubling down? Don't be fooled by the awards in the media. The company is facing some major financial issues this very moment and it doesn't look like things will turn around if anytime soon....or ever. As with anything, do your due diligence.