Diagnostic division

Discussion in 'Hologic' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2014 at 6:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the expectations product mix and culture like in this division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the comp plan for this division. Base and bonus please

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Diagnostic Division has two sales forces that sell a mix of ThinPrep Cytology products and Molecular testing. The lab reps sell the instrumentation and test assays and the physician sales reps call directly on OBGYN's and educate on and promote both product portfolios. When Hologic acquired GenProbe a couple of years ago, they merged the two sales forces together and there were several layoffs on both sides. For the most part, the culture is very good and I think most people are happy. Of course, as with any company, your manager can make or break your job. Compensation is also very good, total comp for lab reps at plan is around $125M and physician's rep isn't too far from that at plan. Only drawback is no company car. Hologic uses a third party company who basically manages the IRS reimbursement and you get a monthly "payment" based on where you live, what kind of car you drive and how much gas costs in your area. You pay for everything and get a reimbursement every month. In my experience I end up spending about $400 month more than my reimbursement. That doesn't count any repairs or maintenance I may incur. We used to have a car allowance with a gas card, which I think most people preferred. Personally I think the company car is the best deal as an employee. Anyway, hope this helps answer your questions.