LAYOFF's in PGH

Discussion in 'Philips Healthcare' started by Anonymous, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is going on?? It's filtering through the field that 200 people were suddenly laid off. High profile people too-- anyone know what's going on??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same thing. Several people went to work and told of layoff. I'm in the field as well and have not received any information my manager doesn't even know what's going on either. One day we are communicating with these individuals next day gone .... No warning apparently

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I will tell you what is going on. You work for a god awful company with no direction from senior management. Failure after failure after failure and their solution is always cut jobs/expenses. No vision on how to turn things around as it is truly a clueless company and management team. Get out as soon as you can!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently it was around 200 sales people that were laid off. Is it any surprise??? Over the past 3 years sales has missed there budgets by close to $1 Billion. Sales was first and im sure service is next.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Service is definitely coming in the next whack...poor product performance and failures Marketing was also hit hard

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so there were layoffs in sales? No email was sent letting the field know? wtf
    The last several layoffs had this communication, I guess they aren't done. whats with this lack of communication. I guess Lou didn't care since he is being booted too. Anyone know anything about his replacement?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biggest mistake of my career coming to this poor excuse for a medical device company. I am officially in the market for a better position that won't tarnish my resume.
    What does it say about a company that has lost $8/ share since January 2014, has secret layoffs, and does not hold the sales team accountable for falling short $1B in 3 years. Why must service pay the price of their incompetence with the impending layoffs?
    Everyone is focused on nit picking expenses so we can hit our quarterly and yearly numbers, but you can't save yourself to prosperity. Want to make a dent in the AOP??? Don't pick and choose your biomed deals, sorry those won't be the expected 70% margin like on core items.
    And as for the promoted ZVP, all I will say is I hope I have found another job before he starts making waves. Can anyone say dictatorship?