Endochoice opportunity

Discussion in 'EndoChoice' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, CHIE fixes everything. We actually were able to pay for braces for my son and go on a vacation with CHIE. It makes you younger too.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh my f-ing GOD is that good. How hilarious is that. CHIE. What a total joke.

We love to hide behind the ol' CHIE mantra, don't we!?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Single room, non-Gastrointerologist, poor scope-skilled, outpatient endoscopy centers with physicians that are looking for any way possible to market their piss poor skills to get more patients in the door, who currently have outdated or obsolete equipment... did I miss anything to define your only opportunities out there?

And those make up what percentage of the endoscopy being done in the US? And you'll be lucky to scrape 5% of those opportunities?

This thing was DOA. My guess is that you'll get bought out by a big fish looking to add GI to their portfolio, but even then the platform has no chance.

And by the way, what is your repair cost for one of these scopes, with 3 CCD chips? And how well does the wet noodle handle? Many issues to work out before this ever has a chance.

But thanks for trying to bring some competition to the market.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious. Do you really see the market staying at 170 degrees?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I don't! I fully believe the value of a wider field of view! And......when Olympus offers their answer to the technology it will actually become widely adopted. And no, it's not gonna take them 5 years, but they certainly have some time since endoChoice has gained such little traction and olympus continues to close deals! #livinintherealworld!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well when they do come out at it. Our message will get easier. Not sure how long you have been in sales but I have never heard of a product winning a majority market share quickly out of the gates. This message should be recognized by both corporate and TMs. It's not hard to figure out what Olympus next product is. It's a 220° Scope. You are right it's probably not 5 years out it's closer to 3-4 years. So your argument is because a our competitor is coming out with a so called answer in a few years to "give up now." Man you are in the wrong business.

I believe in FUSE and will when Olympus comes out with their next that scope. Corporate just needs to set realistic goals and quotas and I would be happy. Unfortunately most managers and high levels downplay how hard this really is. Their is a huge disconnect between us two groups. Instead of tearing us apart constantly they need to pull their head out of their colons and listen. This isn't the same marketplace from 20+ years. Not even 5 years ago. Instead of constant pressure that is creating low morale and bad sales process, they need to set truely attainable demo goals, quotas etc. At the same time as TMs we got to demo also. We aren't going to win a deal if we don't demo. Hopefully they will find a better balance soon. I'm not going to constantly be insulted by higher ups and having to spend this much time away from family for nothing. So endochoice isn't perfect. No company is or ever will be. So to seat here and complain about the competition and what may come next ....please get out of medical sales. Maybe a car dealership will take you. I live in the real world also.

#growasetofballsdouche!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Years away - really????? Get ready to be crushed. 510K is in

n Device'Name: XCFJHI60AY2L
    m Common Name: COLONOVIDEOSCOPE
    * Manufacturer: Aizu Olympu s Co., Ltd.
    500 Aza-Muranishi, Qoaza-lidera, Monden-cha,
    Aiuikana-shi, Fukushima, Japan 965-8520
    Establishment Registration No.: 9610595
    * 510(k) No. K051645
    4 Device Description
    The CF-Y0023-ULI Colonovideoscope is a flexible video endoscope used for
    endoscopic diagnosis and treatment within the colon . The CF-Y0023-ULI
    Colonovideoscope is basically identical to the predicate device, Olympus
    XCF-H16OAY2L Colonovideoscape, hereinafter referred to as
    XCF-H16OAY2L in intended use, specifications, performance. The optical
    system of the CF-Y0023-ULI is a charge coupled device (CCD) based
    system, allowing endoscopic image display on a video monitor.
    The major differences of the subjett CF-Y0023-UlI Colonovideoscope from
    the predicate XCF-H160AV2L device are as follows:
    -The number of objective lens andithe width of the field of view for the
    subject and predicate devices dilier.. (CF-Y0023--LI:140 0 (forward view) and
    141- 2330 (side view). XCF-H-16pA~Y2L:17O0 (forward view))
    -The shape of distal ends differ.
    -The layout of the light guide lens differ.
    -The number of air/water nozzles differ.( CF-Y0023-LJI:n=3,
    XCF-Hl6OAY2L:n1l)
    The new colonovideoscope CF-Y0023-ULI has both 140 degree forward view
    and 141-233 degree side view. Both forward view and side view are focused
    on one OCO, and the user can p1bserve both 140 degree forward view and
    141-233 degree side view at once

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was submitted in April 2010.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bring it on!!!! I'm not scared. Olympus doesn't scare me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So ridiculously dillusional it's kind of funny and kind of sad! Go get em cowboy!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess I am. Keep enjoying your view from the cheap seats. It will be the only view you will ever have in this industry.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next sales meeting should be interesting and lively! When is that by the way, can't wait?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! It'll probably be a virtual meeting...not so sure we can afford to fly everyone out for a meeting at this point.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

was looking to come here when told of "a great opportunity". I'm in the GI device field and all I hear from physicians is that this isn't going anywhere.

My sources say less than 15 facilities across the country? Others that I work with around the country either don't know if there is a local rep or talk about the Endochoice rep quitting or getting fired? That's not getting it done, and doesn't sound like a "great opportunity".

This sounds like a huge flop; am I missing something?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw an IPO article not too long ago.... Happening soon? Will shares be allocated to employeess?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I love the fact that we have to stick until Saturday before we can leave. I love spending my weekends traveling home from a NTM because someone can't figure out that awards dinners can be earlier in the week, not just on a Friday. Especially when the dinners during the week are cafeteria style at the hotel.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I love the fact that we have to stick until Saturday before we can leave. I love spending my weekends traveling home from a NTM because someone can't figure out that awards dinners can be earlier in the week, not just on a Friday. Especially when the dinners during the week are cafeteria style at the hotel.

Bush league.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't wait to be enlightened by DJ and RM's on how to sell! Wish I was there now!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What has Olympus done in the last 20 years other than put out the same shitty products? Are their scopes good...yes they are and that's why they own the market in this arena. That said, a majority of their reps are shit bags. They don't look at the end user as a customer, they look at them as a meal ticket. They provide them with convoluted contracts that end up costing a shit ton more on the back end. Endochoice is simply trying to provide an alternative to the three other players in the market. I'm convinced a majority of these previous posts are coming from people who couldn't get the job done and decide to talk shit instead of changing the way they sell. Before any of you come of the wood work and destroy me...I don't work for endochoice and I am not in management within EndoChoice. I do have numerous years of experience within GI and can tell you from experience, hospitals as well as the docs/nurses/techs are tired of the way Olympus is playing the game. Docs that I have talked to are genuinely interested in FUSE. Does that mean it is going to catch on like wildfire...no? FUSE as well as the technology is going to change the market slowly in a market that hasn't changed in almost 20 years. Docs are finally seeing something new out there and it is opening their eyes to something new. I will not sit back and wait for the relentless beating from the trolls who have nothing better to do but beat someone down for opinions.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*will now sit back...