Flat Lower Extremity Sales

Discussion in 'Tornier' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are several reasons why sales are flat.
    1. We hired WM reps who brought their poor work habits with them.
    2. We hired WM leadership who brought their fears, arrogance and poor work habits with them.
    3. We allowed this new leadership to bark orders that didn't align with our operational model.
    4. We forgot that even DPM's remember what was said to them when the former WM reps told their docs only a year ago, "Tornier sucks, you would never want that stuff." Now these same people are pitching the Tornier product.
    5. former WM reps failing to show up for cases. (As told to me from an angry DPM as he switched products on a case)
    6. Failure to provide aggressive, well trained, sales savvy regional sales managers who can drive acceptance from hospital boards and Centers. Instead we have people who stand around applauding each other saying "check out the job I landed".
    7. Failure to lure the best people because we don't offer the best package.
    RB, thanks for being such a douche and convincing me to look elsewhere.
    Happily moved on.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regarding the post with the bullet points - none of the WM reps that show up for cases, have a great work ethic, and are a real asset to their customers would leave actually leave WM. Same goes for the WM management rejects Tornier now has running the company. What you now have is all of the sub-standard, classless rejects that couldn't cut it at WM, were passed over for promotions they didn't deserve, and were either fired or on their last chance due to behavior issues, being stupid drunk at company events, and overall not performing. There is not a single person from WM that has left to go to Tornier that anyone at WM wishes would come back. Its only a matter of time before that merry group of drunk misfits leaves Tornier for the next opportunity after they are passed over for even more promotions or fired. Garbage in. garbage out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep telling yourself that. Plenty of WM reps with substantial territories are looking to leave. Perhaps the group think that exists in WM mgmt and the fact that WM is looking to get purchased play a part. Honestly, to group the whole of the parts is a gross injustice and really defeats any logical point you are attempting to make, it makes you seem like a homer. Have we lost some talent, yes, but change is inevitable in any M&A. Is the change 100 correct? No, however, it happens and the ultimate success of that change will be judged upon the willingness to adapt and alter the plans moving ahead. I am glad you are proud to work for WM, the sense of pride is necessary to have success. Please recognize that we too are prideful in what our mission is, and know that we will continue to push forward. You have lost some talent, as have we, but at the end of the day, the success of the companies comes down to us, and I wish you the best moving forward.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^Nice post RB, at least you didn't go into a drunken, profanity laced tirade full of misspelled words and poor grammar like some of the posts by SD and CB on this board.

A few may have left WM, and a few more may be considering leaving. Still not a great close ratio considering how much money Tornier is throwing at pretty much every single WM rep. Any rep that is going to jump for money is like a whore DPM who uses the product of the company that pays them. Its only a matter of time before they jump to the next company that throws money at them. Once a whore, always a whore.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% correct! We up here are tired of hearing how you did things at Wright. If it was so damn great then why are you all still not there? Oh, you were terminated. That's right. Sorry. That little fact seems to be omitted when you constantly refer to Wright.
    I would never refer to an old boyfriend that dumped me regardless of of how good things were.
    Get a clue and move on. Better yet, please go somewhere else.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's has been said in the near past. I guess I'll reiterate it again. TORNIER IS THE NEW WRIGHT MEDICAL because they hired a significant number of "expired product". What did they expect.

In contrast, Wright Medical (USAG Office) seems to be a new entity since they purged their old managerial line up.

Good luck rank an file you are in for a real treat with the old WMT people. They seem to be in a class of their own.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On faith, I pitched a buddy for a f/a position. Top performer, years of experience, dpm contacts up the yang. RB dragged the guy along months and instead hired a piece of expired WM product. My buddy landed an RM position with another company. We just don't get it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flat lower extremity sales. How about destroyed lower extremity division ! Game over tr nice job!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

INCREDIBLE. Basically a very competitive complete foot and ankle line with what seems to be plenty of room for R&D with the products they already have. Don't need to invent the wheel just advance and improve what they have. What a bunch of buffoons! Hired all their old WMT cronies that escaped the USAG Office.

Hey Tornier, first time in my career I honestly believe I can do a better job than your present VP of Sales. Wrecking Tornier's foot n Ankle Division is like crashing Grandma's old Buick car into a utility pole on your way to pick up milk and eggs for her on Staurday morning!!

You suck!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I laugh at many of the responses in this thread. The corporate line, we are getting this in line and we are the best is a joke. The fact of the matter is this, TR/JR have completely obliterated what was a thriving F&A business. Neither one has a clue as to what it takes to be competitive within the distal extremity market place. They are only concerned with control, that's it. Top line, who cares, bottom line, who cares, we are in control!!! They have obliterated the sales force, not understanding that running over $1MM in business in F&A is substantial. That was $1MM prior to having access to the Salto and higher ASP's. That is a shit ton of cases. I just for the life of me can neither comprehend nor understand why control of the sales channel is the top priority. It is far more important to control the market, the only way to do that is to allow distribution to have more than one line. Oh, and actually partnering with and valuing your distribution networks would also go a very long way. The gestapo tactics for contract negotiation will come back to haunt them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My Tornier sources tell me that Tornier's F/A is flat as a pancake !

Whatcha gonna do with OrthoHelix? LMAO WHEN u bond with Wright? What a giant nightmare. A company that has nothing interchangeable in the OR. All kinds of room for error in the OR. About 5 different purchased orthocompanies combined into one giant mess of ineptness. I can't wait to compete against this "thing". I feel sorry for the sales reps

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F/U in the mouth. You have no idea what you are talking about. The combined companies will be a dynamic force that you (probably a Stryker douche) will hate due to market share capture and offering. So, enjoy your MMI and SBI garbage while you can.. OH? You can because of the contract at the hospital? You did that? Don't think so.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto!!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if you use the Orthohelix!!!!

I like the way the screw compression slowly slides down the plate!

Oh' yes, use the Bio Tape too!

I just love it when you guys go to the dirty side and try to put someone down. It let's us all know what level your playing on.

Try harder next time Chemo Boy!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post SD. How are things over at Integra? Lets see if you can last more than 12 months without being fired from there as well.