Bard Layoffs and Hiring Freeze?

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any truth to this? It's been very quiet at the corp offices lately

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they were going to close the corporate offices and allow the division to run themselves.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know that they layed off at BPV and heard that they are planning on cutting in the other divisions. Every department will be hit is what I hear. The US markets arent growing. Consolidation in finance has occurred and then next up will be customer service and contracting. Cuts in R&D, Marketing and Sales are coming in every division. I have not heard of cuts coming at corporate, there is not much there and what little there is won't affect the bottom line. Management is committed to the income line and people are expensive.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They keep sending us messages that they are done, does that mean they are not done? It is starting to scare me that more is to come. Is anyone hearing of more layoffs coming?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well they are NOT done! I just got notified that I am losing my job today. Thanks for the 8 weeks of severance after 6 years of service. Bard never cared about their employees and I am the fool who stayed all these years.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My guess is women's health.
    Breast bx just she's teens of people and 2-4 rsms

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope all the higher ups enjoy their multi thousand dollar end of year bonuses while those who actually worked "enjoy" the holidays being unemployed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't just a Bard thing it's a device issue across the board, I fear we are the new generation of copier sales people being bought and sold like commodities just to protect industry EBITA numbers. I've been trying to get out of this device shit show (not Bard) for an entire year now and I'm finally making some headway. If I manage to leave I will not come back, these ass clowns will continue this diplomicay of recession in purpituity so get use to this as turnover rises and career longevity in any one one job will be 1-3yrs max....SAD days indeed and not for me anymore.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BARD is a shit show every year. We have average overproced products and we have no innovation anymore. The easiest thing to do is cut heads. They did this a few years ago as well. There are plenty of other great device jobs out there that dont require you to sell your sole to the devil

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at Bard for 10 years. You mention "sell your soul" this must be your first device job. Try working for Intuitive Surgical for 1 month. Then you will know the definition of selling your soul. You think the grass is greener, If you can get another job, which I highly doubt due to your low performance and habitual bitching about the company you work for...go for it. You will find the job where you start at 9 and are home at 5 and make 300K. That would be a good fit for someone of your pure talent and high character.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are saying that Bard is a good opportunity . . . are you also saying you can make 300k or are you giving that example in reference to a different med device position?