an exercise in honesty

Discussion in 'The Medicines Company' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right back at ya

This is a test to see how honest you can be with yourself. Dig deep and discuss...

1. Don't you feel just a little bit remorseful that you left Cubist before the big payday?
    Total # of rsus received in 2014 plus the big mid-year retention grant X $102 =
    About 6-9 months of severance= ?
    50% to 75% of 2015 target payout= ?
    full unpaid vacation for 2015= ?
    value of unvested options, rsus= ?

2. Does it concern you that there were people that came back from Medicines as well as whispers of many more on the way that were willing to swallow their pride as well as take a five-figure pay cut to return to Cubist? Not so rosy over there is it?

3. Does the departure of the VP that help recruit you or the dismal launch of Orbactive concern you?

4. With both Durata as well as Cubist being purchased in the span of just a few months how confident are you that the same thing would never happen at the medicines co?

This string doesn't have to get ugly. Lets just hear what you think...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You work for Merck now... That is if you still have a job. Oh, and all of your background is ID, so the options for a new job are grim. Be honest and look beyond 6 months to a year, and you are in tough spot.

Let that sink in for a bit

Medco is a pretty good spot, and most of us with relationships are moving product. May not be huge, but we know how this goes and we will be just fine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a great package. Good for you! But... seems like you might want to go enjoy your money and time with family and friends instead of rubbing it in anonymous faces? Most of the medicines company barely even recognizes the name Cubist. To us, your are just another M&A where there are always $ winners and $ losers.
    We are a pretty happy group over here. And so far, we seem to be getting along just fine with our new ID team.

Stress level is low. Quality of life is high. At the end of the day, we are compensated very well.
    We could get bought out, sure. But I suppose if you have enough shares, that could be a very positive event.

Good luck to all.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck to all yes! I am a bit concerned about our future here. Medicine's Company has been a stand alone ship for over a decade. I do worry these times are changing. I'm so happy I left my former company, but I wonder sometimes if it might be the safer place to be. A quandary. A fear. A "to be continued" situation. Orbactiv is not getting the response I'd hoped, but we are still early in the game. Hopefully the Dalvance reps are so busy with the shifting of the guard over at Actavis that I might find some open doors. I'm worried, yes. Aren't you? You would be lying if you didn't admit you have some concerns.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you! So the saying is true that greed is not good in the long run. I was attracted by the high salary promises at MDCO, but the amount of work I am doing here is a lot and getting a high salary for double the amount of work is not worth it. I made a bad choice of joining MDCO and I am really angry at myself. Waiting for the severance package hopefully soon as Orbactiv is not doing well at all. Good luck to you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a BS post. Nobody is doing double the amount of work over here. This is the same job with more money. It does comes with more anxiety though.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Double for sure. My job and my ID partner's job thanx to the Cubist lawsuit. Grass is not greener, just mowed differently.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish I had made a better decision. I was so done at my company. This place is so stressful.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well look at you posting at the exact same time as your Durata postings two mornings (early, might I add) in a row.

As such, you are not employed by Medco. Just trying to figure out if you are a MERCK or Actavis rep. Oh well. No matter.

Flame away!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's hilarious how you are so bothered by my post that you are trying to figure out who I am. I do work for Medco. I wish it was everything I wanted it to be. I will say I was with Cubist. I'm hoping things will change, but I'm doubtful and it's okay.
    So as such, you are wrong.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really do work for "medco" please realize it's MDCO. If you really do work for MDCO and the work is to great leave. I'm sure your partner will help you find another company that has lower expectations of its people.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol! This must be Mike for sure. Being the mouth of MDCO, You are doing a great job making sure no one is talking bad about the company. But my friend, are you really sure about you own short term future at MDCO. I will let you think about it

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDCO will be sold...just a question of when. It won't have much to do with your "sales" and more to do with accretive value of company and several Big Pharma players (jnj-hospital team sold levoquin) and Pfizer (Zyvox patents) which revenue needs to be replaced. Your own CEO said you are for Sale and these companies
    Have money to burn..hope it doesn't happen next qtr...all
    Your options won't vest, not employed long enough and the recinding of
    Options
    Will be part of deal the money is made for upper managent in the Deal terms; none of which will include options payouts and you will not be privy of this until the cuts are made. Nature of beast.
    I was offered this Job and didn't take it. I saw writing on the wall
    And understood the game. I did however, buy some stock $20/share..making good coin already.
    Thanks!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: an exercise in honesty WAKE up! MDCO is for sale

December 26, 2014 12:53 PM
    Pharma Firms Have Plenty of Ammo for Another Big M&A Year in 2015
    By LIZ HOFFMAN

Reuters
    More healthcare mergers ahead? The sector certainly has the balance sheet for it.
    Cash reserves at pharmaceutical companies jumped 11% year over year in the third quarter to $217 billion, according to FactSet, money that could be used to continue the sector’s dealmaking spree, which hit a fever pitch in 2014.
    Notably, the biggest cash hoarders are companies that largely sat out 2014’s M&A blitz. Johnson & Johnson added $7.8 billion, Amgen added $5.5 billion, Bristol Myers Squibb added $4.5 billion and Gilead Sciences added $4.2 billion.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: an exercise in honesty WAKE up! MDCO is for sale

Was offered this job...crap drug and too much money up front...I know this game; outcome money is made in the deal and for the deal makers . Stock will not be "vested"
    As this is upper level players will negotiate this as part of package. The Money is made in the senior level. Just look at all deals cut so far..no reps kept and options taken off table for reps and field personnel. Glad I passed and was smarter still, I got stock at $20/share. Thanks for profits and best of luck! You will need it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDCO reps are screwed...watch for Annoumcements mid-january . Deal will be announced, close in 3 months and you will not be retained.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try Troll. I suppose you could be any one of the poor bastards that already faced this reality recently.

In the end who cares? We are here because we are better than you. If this happens, we land a new job and move on to the next place looking for a big launch, while you just hope to hold a job.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark my words...I am Smarter than you and too bad you don't like that..thanks for profits while you attempt to meet your goals. My job is very secure, thank you and I know you wish you bought MDCO at $20 like me, Ha Ha keep counting those empty options while I cash in on your bad judgment

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need nothing more than to read your ignorant post to know that's not accurate. Newsflash idiot - this is a message board and you are anonymous, meaning 99% of everything on here is BS. But I'm sure you are smarter than me, because you said so...

But I'm guessing based on your purchase of stock (which is likely a lie) that you so wanted to be at MDCO but could't get hired. I'm sorry you failed, but you should be used to it by now, shouldn't you?

I'll take my two masters degrees (all paid for by industry) and my 60k + bonus this quarter and just move on, options or not. I'm certain I have more shares than you do, outside of the options, because I make more money than you do. Always have, always will!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's my answer...lets see that $60,000 bonus and raise it the stock i own in your company. If you represent the majority of MDCO reps, you don't deserve me as a peer! Happy New Year. Buckle you seatbelt, you clearly will need it