LOSS OF BUSINESS IN NYC AREA

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by Anonymous, Mar 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Where the hell did you educate yourself? West Virginia? There is barely one sentence that is readable. My 4 year old could dictate something way better than that. Not sure whom you're winning over with that obvious intellect. Good luck man, you work for a company that is accustomed to dropping their pants whenever they get the chance. You are always given a chance when you drop your pants. Too bad you guys can't hold onto anything that you get your hands on. Otherwise, price would be the only thing to determine success. We maintain that its not. Hospitals need good reps, not jackasses with no tact and patience.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LF probably drops her pants (or the doctors) to get the business!!! She probably gets her hands on all kinds of things when she's on her knees if u know what I mean.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In 2000: Synthes had Bellevue, St Luke's, Beth Israel, MT Sinai, HJD, St Vincent's, Lennox Hill, HSS, Cornell, NYHQ, Elmhurst, Jacobi, Lincoln, SBH, Coney ISland, Methodist, Maimonides, Lutheran, SIU

Current Day:

HSS, Cornell, NYHQ, 1/3 of HJD, 1/3 of Jacobi, 1/5 at Elmhurst, 1/3 of Mt Sinai, scraps at Bellevue, scraps at Lennox. 1/3 at Methodist....everywhere else is lost. Am I missing something?

These are all the major accounts ($1million or more) within the city and Synthes has lost most....just an objective observation from a 3rd party. Doesn't seem like a great business to be in....especially with Synthes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assuming the above post is from someone at Stryker or a former Synthes employee, it could only be a handful of individuals. I have my thoughts as to who it is. Too bad that person is incorrect

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. The large distractor is still needed in a lot of accounts and your screw removal sets. There is still a place for Synthes in competitive accounts. [sips tea] but that's none of my business.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kermit reference is great

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

omg! Great stuff! Synthes is holding strong in other areas but in Greater NYC it's been rough. Growth of competitive portfolios and the antiquated tactic of resisting discounting has brought Synthes to this point...controllable and non controllable factors.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NYC Synthes discount is highest in country. Avg 35% off list. Know what your talking about

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Historical context it hasn't been like that. Hence HHC, you sophist! Rather 70% of $8 million Synthes chose 0% and fired their scapegoat. #classy

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NYC has always been a tough market but Synthes was on top for a long time. I blame the slide on chronic poor leadership. There's never been a good manager covering NYC and corporate only focused attention on a handful of key surgeons. When they came to town they took in the Big Apple like tourists - big meals, drinks and cigars, art galleries, nightlife. The competitors have been successfully taken down Synthes by discounting and building relationships with key surgeons and administrators snubbed by Synthes over the years. It turns out relationships still matter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...Stryker is putting a certain NYC manager on blast! TZ voiced interest in the open manager spot! Really?! Lolololol Yeah, it's like a one armed, malnourished midget interviewing to be my bodyguard! Lolololol

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not the highest in the country, it's ONE of the highest. And we still can't gain back any marketshare from our competitors. We just lost another acct in the NY area!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new manager there does not seem to be making too many friends

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the progress report TZ. It's always helpful when the former manager weighs in. No sour grapes here no sir. Everyone is wondering why they kept you after you single handedly blew up the entire NYC market for Syn-thiefs. Now you get to destroy another market and chase off another sales team.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that Tim Tz has officially left Synthes and gone to Stryker, can we finally say the last nail is in the coffin for Synthes in NYC? Welcome to the Dark Side! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone? Does Synthes have any business left in NYC, the 5 boros or Northern NJ besides a few strongholds? Is that why Timmy left?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll just keep you guessing

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bahaaaaa

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a joke.........