Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody currently or have worked for this company? Thoughts or opinions on QOL?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terrible

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VP is a dick to work for.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody with more to say then one word non-descriptive answers? For example...reasons why its terrible or the VP is a **** to work for?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company, doing interesting things in nerve repair. Good growth opportunity

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone share more? Comp, qol, etc. thank you

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiter is quoting me 100k for the territory in its current shape but most reps are making 160K-180K. Can anyone give me some insight?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shawn is a good guy

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is Shawn? Can anyone give their thoughts as to the products, company culture, compensation, etc.?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

\

Of course the recruiter is saying 160-180k. Might the recruiter be MC? Fact, most reps there are NOT making 160-180K. $110-130 is the norm. Nice little company with a one of a kind product. Good place for a someone looking to begin a career in device. Comp is targeted towards entry level to 1-2 yrs prior device sales.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked @ AxoGen but, left before Shawn arrived. Heard is a good guy. Karen the CEO is good people as were most of the drivers of the company. I left AxoGen only because I found an opportunity that offered better compensation.

Pros - good work environment ; no big company CYA, check the box type of nonsense; easy product to learn; good product in Avance

Cons- specialty products for specialty cases for small set of surgeons which means you need lots of volume and lots of surgeons to drive sales; compensation is below medical sales average; no hospital contracts; longevity of company is a question; high turnover

Good place to begin a career in medical sales or to use as bridge while looking for something better. Not a good match for experienced reps or reps looking for big pay days. The average rep was not @ $160-180. LOL:)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90% of reps there make well below device industry average and are not close to the exaggerated quotas given. More like 90-110k.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I am going to be sick - How many VP of Sales have there been (3)

How many reps have they burned through? Too many to count

Does anyone in management have start up experience?

Why are management $$ so high? The protected few reward themselves north of $300k

How long has this been on the market?

What happened to the Stryker deal?

More debt every year, More $$ for management every year

Reps are lower than bathroom attendants at this company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good place for inexperienced reps looking to break into the industry.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the brain child's running this company never realized is if you comp your reps with a decent base and attainable realistic quotas you might attract and keep qualified personnel who could drive sales. About a handful of reps ever smell quota attainment. Fleabag organization with selfish clueless management. Explains why they have done nutten in 7 years.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not work for this company! Corporate Officers have no idea about the actual/realistic number of nerve repairs that take place. They underestimate the number of direct suture repairs and therefore create unrealistic quotas. They hire VP's of Sales from large companies who have no idea how a smaller, niche, biologic product should be sold. Rep turnover is high because you cannot achieve your quota and they are cutting territories in half by adding sub-reps. The real unfortunate thing is that the product is actually quite awesome and is superior to other nerve repair alternatives although it is much more expensive. That obstacle can be overcome rather easily. The OR procedures are interesting and you can create good relationships with the surgeons. But let me repeat myself-you cannot trust the leaders who run this company.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too do not work for AxoGen but, I know the leaders of this company are not trusted by the reps and yes, they have absolutely no ¥¥¥¥¥ clue of real nerve market. I know for a fact they bring reps in under false hopes of compensation and growth potential within a territory and then act surprised when the 50-60% quotas are not obtained. JS, KZ, SM and their yes managers are small company hacks who may know this product but, lack professionalism, integrity and honesty. Turnover is very high and I know morale is not good for those who are there. This small company will continue its chronic struggle until the small minded cheap ¥¥¥¥¥ driving the bus begin to realize they have a broken business model that isn't working.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did work for here for a period of time and the posts written here are fairly accurate. Avance is a really good product and can make a difference in patients lives. Main selling obstacles are iit's a niche product, it adds cost, and it requires a good deal of time to convert the end user and get approvals. Biggest issue of all is managements admitted lack of knowledge of the nerve repair arena. This lack of understanding is passed along in unrealistic quotas, amateur comp plans and poor payouts. Which in turn explains the high turnover amongst reps and managers. Sad, good product.