AMO, Abbott Medical Optics

Discussion in 'Abbott Device' started by Anonymous, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Top reasons to work in Corneal

Does that douche bag Shawn still work at Corneal Div?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's Revitalens working? So now that Mani G has been in charge for over a year, what has the R&D group done? Any new products in the pipeline or you still working on who made the best tasting cookies or cake for the bake-off?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, shears finally grew a pair and fired him.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are still working on the best tasting cookies and having bake offs. Mani's big idea has been to start selling retail product to the doctors. Management thinks this will be the solution to our low and declining sales. They are still in fantasyland.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good man Shears

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not that it matters one iota but where did the ahole go?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shears or the Chicago DM? They both fall under your description

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm referring to the douche bag Shawn.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

corneal unethical sales leadership

I heard they just got back from their national sales meeting. As usual, sales management is being criticized for unethically having favorites to win the presidents award. What happened to the value of "Conduct ourselves as good Abbott employees"?

For the hard working sales reps, it was unfair that sales director and district managers punishing sales reps for their not-so-well thought out weighting the direct selling program. The sales reps are not stupid. Given the published rankings and commissions paid with incorrect amounts, sales reps can put things together and say that there was unethical manipulation of numbers going on. The sales director clearly favors the golden boy DM who has a golden boy sales rep who won the presidents club unethically.

The bad thing is, the DVP of Corneal and HR doesn't know what's going on. These great hard working sales reps are afraid to lose their jobs, as they've seen with colleagues who complained before. The integrity of this sales director and DM really disgusts most of us.

Feel sad because this type of unethical behavior is the reason why great hard working sales reps leave Corneal.

The lazier people get rewarded, and the harder working people are screwed.

Sigh....so sad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: corneal unethical sales leadership

Did the kiss ass from St Louis win unethically again this year?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question please. Are the territories for Cataract Division large as in multi-state or smaller as in large city + surrounding suburbs. About how many Cataract Division salespeople nationwide? Down-sized from another Abbott division with a huge territory + looking for smaller territory, possible interest in AMO. Thank you for replies.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My first piece of advice would be to get off of cafe pharma. This is my first time on the site and posting anything, and possibly my last. If you are looking for opinions of a company, Abbott or otherwise, this should be the last place you go. If you are listening to all of the comments pp make on this site as a means for to make a judgement one way or another whether or not you should work for Abbott, I will save you the time. Don't apply. This company is not for you.
    There are plenty of openings with the competition and they will take anyone with a pulse.
    If you want to get a good, honest opinion, the you should network with your local DRS offices and with reps they refer you to. You should also go to linked in and search out pp currently with the company and reach out directly to them in order to get some information and real facts.

In life, you can be successful or you can make excuses, but you can't do both. Most of the pp on this site posting negative comments, simply are making excuses, nothing more.
    Good luck in your search for information

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey look everyone - its Tony Robbins

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does AMO still a Corneal Division?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is everyone on this website a sales rep? It's really difficult to get a grasp on the company work dynamics and environment when it seems like the only people who post on here are in sales. That's too bad. I was hoping to use this website as a valuable resource.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A resource for what exactly ?
    not everyone is a sales rep

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the only posting for abbott (any division) is optical in my area and has been up for over 30 days, no history of applying with abbott for months to a year... i got a call from CHS to do a drug screen for them, but have not even been approached by email/call/etc by anyone.....is there some expansion? why would anyone request a drug screen before contacting, especially when always comes after offer of employment?