Prepare for Decreases

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I heard she had five helpers and her boss funneled all the Kaiser PO's to her for most of the State.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a life.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets get back to next year. Bottom line is we are all jealous of her volume. She may have had 12 helper reps etc but she's gone and who cares.

Ok so next year: no U/S, better IR system, Fax orders in instead of Escript, more manageable territories with potential to make a lot of money on growth and modest growth numbers for next year. The inside sales team is not calling on the customers we call on. The negativity and paranoia should stop. Just until Jan 5th try and expect positives.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nailed it!! Add one more to list, a NSM that is not training based but Celebration based. Reward based.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would a territory be split if rep is hitting their number??? I will be pissed if they mess with my territory. Also, who said no U/S?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also exceeded my number. Will be pissed if the company "rewards" my growth by taking away territory.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want you to do more than just hit your number with your current accounts. They want you to grow the business with accounts you aren't servicing now. The only way to do that is to cut down your territory size.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A doctor of mine already showed me a flyer sent by bioventus with a salesperson's name introducing herself as "your bioventus representative". The flyer stated she will be calling. This account does significant business with me now. By the way, I'm hitting all my numbers. SO, when you say that this new inside salesforce will be calling on those we don't call on, I say BULL$hit. I've lost all trust in this company and won't believe anything until I see it in practice. Remember scoli-score, ultrasound, biolinx, supartz direct etc...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like you and many on thread I have exceeded my Exogen number year after year. And NO I am not a new rep with a tiny quota that does 3k over quota and I'm 120%. I also built my territory without picking up someone's else's established business when they left or got fired therefore looking like I doubled my business in one year. Sales revenue mattered on our old plan but on the new plan revenue doesn't matter but % to plan/growth does. Like many on thread, I don't really want to give away some of my 900k+ Exogen business that generates 50+ orders a month that I worked so hard to build. BUT..if this plan is based on % to plan/growth and not sales volume, why would I want to manage 50+ orders a month and the headache of fighting for a million next year when others are also paid on 100% and work a 400k territory and manage the headache of half the orders? Why not make my life easier, hand off 200k in sales and 7+ orders a month somewhere in the out skirts of my territory? I would assume the base would be higher for these higher volume reps but honestly do I really want a big territory and big sales volume territory if it really doesn't matter? I may be ok with splitting but undecided just yet. I don't know.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it doesn't really matter if you are ok with it or not. You certainly have a choice: accept the higher salary and smaller territory or leave.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! Well you are right, I felt like that was a given choice. I can choose to leave anytime. Yes, I am also certain I have no choice my territory will turn into what they tell me it is.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here a LONG time and never wanted to give in. But, this company is a joke. It wasn't always. But this is getting bad. This is the last straw. And that non compete I "signed", not worried because I am going direct with competitor. Relationships sell.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BINGO!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're worried because the accounts you are losing will be covered by someone else and they will find our you have been selling other things. Good luck selling a Shit stim and probably getting caught breaking the non-compete because you just announced to HR what you're doing and yes they will figure out who this is.

This place has changed and not all for the bad... losing some accounts furthest away and developing a stronger focus while paying salaries is a good strategy. Along with faxing orders directly in and a 1-1 IR relationship.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice to see HR posting on here, good morning.

Nobody implied they were selling things on the side, I honestly doubt that happens outside a rogue rep or two hawking pain creams. In guessing here but truly doubt it.

If reps like me who have larger territories had an ES to do fittings and handle the 1-per month offices, it would free up more than enough time to service all of the offices I don't get to.
    You also have to remember when you are looking at our CRM data that there are many large clinics we are locked out of due to our inferior buy and bill agreements, hospital contracts with the other 3 players and still many paid speakers for the other companies out there.
    That is not going to change unless our leadership attacks these areas.
    So sad that we have to have these conversations here.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually sorry I misread post 94, I agree with you 100%. However I still don't think many reps have 'side work'. Maybe I just couldn't imagine finding an extra 5 minutes in my day to visit the restroom between calls much less having another product

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You won't be getting an ES to do fittings, because there won't be any next year. They will free up time for you to service the offices you don't get to by cutting down your territory and giving some of your current accounts to someone else.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management has to know that a rep who has built a territory will leave the minute they take away what they feel they have rightly earned on the companies behalf. This will be a poor management decision. This does not foster growth. It continues to show how real growth is devalued and ultimately NOT REWARDED.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes there will. Stop stating things you have no clue about. There absolutely will be ES reps next year.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is very young and we were a hound division when with SN.
    All companies grow their sales force. I can think of quote a few reps who have huge territories with over 200 Prescribers. I bet they get their biz from about 20 surgeons ( plus or minus)

Folks, there are a lot of customers that are ripe for the picking.