new comp plan

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just interviewed for an opportunity in the Midwest. I was told by the hiring manager that you can make great money with the new comp plan. Based on some of these threads it appears it would be impossible to make $140k-$150k. Is that the case or can you make great money if you put the effort in? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yah, it is impossible to make money like that, if you show up late, spend your days in Panara or Stabucks, or don't put much effort in. It's like any job, you put in the effort, you'll do well.

I'm hitting high $100's. It's tough, but doable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's very highly dependent on your territory and if you have the opportunity to get some kind evaluation/conversion. Because you are paid mostly on year over year growth, you will find alot of reps leave after 2-3 yrs because they either did well and made their money by converting all of their accounts or cannot crack them due to contracts or relationships with Covidien/Ethicon. To answer your question, $140k is possible, but almost impossible to maintain. I would advise you to do your HW and find out as much as possible about the territory as you can (why did the previous rep leave, how long were they there? Are you going to be the 4-5th rep in 5-6 yrs? That is often the case with Applied) good luck

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's possible, have been here a few years and average about $135k. Above two posters are correct though, depends on territory and what you put into it. Company is stable......isn't bad despite what ever you may hear on this board. With the way medical is going it's probably the best place to be if you can live off $125 to $150k. Give it another year or so and all company's will be on the same pay scale. $200k will be ceiling despite where ever you go. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a bunch of fucking morons!!!!!!!! Did you tell this person about the expense account they get? And how they nickel and dime you to death so that its almost impossible to run your territory...RUN..Don't fucking do it. Go mow grass or something. You will be much happier....I also can guarantee you that you will be the 5th or 6th rep in the last 7 years....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Somebody couldn't cut it. You should get one of those zero turns. You can cut twice as fast and double your dough in one day. I mean since that will make you so much happier.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #5, your intellect, wit and humor are very impressive. I can tell by the lack of education you seem to possess, that cutting lawns is certainly the career pinnacle for you!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez cutting grass is good for you . I would say own the company , it's all cash . Don't laugh about it , you would work for your self , and have some self respect. Lawn care is big biz. . So yes this is a professional selling environment , but do you really control your own destiny. Whats important is that you are a good person and always do the right thing. BE happy

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Competitive rep here. this has to be 1 of the funniest posts ever. Applied Medical is not a professional company! they're run by a bunch of clueless old-timers that have no clue what it means to sell in todays market. they havent come out with anything new in God knows how long and are losing marketshare due to factors like reprocessing faster than you could blink an eye. the purchasing mgr in one of my largest accounts just told me theyve been bugging him for the past 6 months to evaluate a clip applier. Thats right folks. a CLIP APPLIER. he didn't think they were serious, but after 6 months of annoying him to no end, he told the sales mgr to go fly a kite and come back when they have some real products to evaluate that are going to actually make a difference in the OR. I just wanted to give my 2 cents on these guys. when the only thing you have to sell on is price, that's not really selling now is it?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THE APPLIED CLIP APPLIER IS THE WORLDS BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT MEDICAL DEVICE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!I Agree with this post...if all you sell is on price, you're not selling..hire some real reps...oh yeah, no one wants to sell this garbage....