Solstas Lab Partners???

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish I could work for the Solstas Lab Partners in Greensboro. The area I am in is run by some shady characters that seem to always be concocting something. They are definitely in cahoots with doctors who they and or their staff can treat Solstas employees like pure trash, dirt, scum and slaves. Not to mention that fact that they don't adhere to any OSHA or government guidelines. All this is ok in the eyes of the MIB secretive management. Maybe one day the company will run as a whole and what is right and morally correct for one will apply to all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the laboratory industry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please don't assume that the entire lab industry is like SLP. There are many great labs out there that know how to conduct business professionally and treat their employees like the valued assets they are. One that comes to mind immediately is ARUP in Salt Lake City. They are an amazing laboratory with a national reputation for being a great lab and a great employer. You don't have to conduct business like SLP does, but I don't believe that those at the head of SLP really know how other than to just look at the bottom line. If you take care of your customers and you take care of your employees, the bottom line will take care of itself.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like the peons after you rather ignore what you quoted, sad. Those will be in the unemployment line. However, 2-3 years is a far stretch. I'm guessing less than 16 months for the deal to go through!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We sure do have a lot of people jumping at some bullshit posts.... Very surprised loud mouth Solstalites aren't commenting here

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goodrum could make the deal happen in 30 days. Fact.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it quite interesting that I stumbled across this board. I started in the billing department at Solstas about two years ago. When I started I loved my job. I love the way they allowed us to be more courteous and personal with our clients I love the way that they allowed us to help them and not limit us to a script or what they say we should say in certain situations. I was fresh out of college just got my associates degree and my first job was at solstas. It was just kind of a steppingstone to where I wanted to be in my career. I had no idea that we were owned by an investment company until about a year and a half into my tenure there and I found out that quest diagnostics was buying us. And that is when the shit hit the fan I say it hit the fan! We went from about a 300 to 400 employee operation in the billing and IT department to maybe 100 now in a matter of three months. What is so bad is the majority of the time you had no clue that anything was going to happen until somebody come up to you and tap you on the shoulder and then next thing you know you see that person walking out the door with all their stuff. I find it awfully funny I was on a quest diagnostics review site and one of the patients referred to quest as treating their patients like a herd of cattle I find that very funny because that's the way that I felt and the exact phrase that I used when we were all herded like cattle into a large conference room to be told that everything is changing and that they would be transparent but yet we knew of nothing until it happen we have lived the last year on the edges of our seats not knowing from one day to the asked if we would have a job. Smart ones abandon ship I'm telling you they were dropping like flies going else where. Should have been my warning to also go elsewhere but I wanted to stick it out I wanted to give it a chance and be optimistic but I'm starting to believe that optimism is not something that you can relate with this company. Like a bunch of sharks that feed on companies that are somewhat struggling and turn them into these robotic places run by a bunch of millionaires and billionaires who could give a shit less about the employees but make their income off of the hard work that we do. Feel like I'm in prison now. This is not what I expected when I signed up for this. I just I can't believe that a company can treat people the way they do and enforce the rules and regulations they do and make as much money as they do it is unreal to me. I am a person who has a heart I have feelings I care I can't work for a place that is as impersonal as they are. I really really truly believe that this is the beginning of the end for me at solstas now known as quest diagnostics!!! Thanks for a better understanding of what's to be.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head!!!! I work in the Solstas Corporate Billing ofc in NC. boy you sure called it! I wish I would have found this board 2 years ago!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now two years later I must ask....do you still feel so cozy in your nest? Or were you one of the hundreds laid off in NC? SMH..you reps irritate me to NOOOO end. I can't even begin to count the # of clients lost because most reps just sell the account and then nothing! Or promise this and that and not follow through or make mistakes that cost the client and us money. Not to mention the complete LACK of knowledge of billing and reimbursement methods! We ALL know that direct billing (where allowed) and our contracts with commercial and government payers make us our money so wouldn't you find that would be a good thing to be well versed and knowledgeable about?!?!? Now don't get me wrong..some reps are quite the contrary and have helped build the company to what it is or was. I guess that's regardless of where you go because quest/solstas reps aren't much better.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohh I must comment on this.... Oh where to start?!? Billing is a nightmare? Let me set the record straight REAL quick on this! You reps are a NIGHTMARE! If an account left because of billing problems it's probably because the rep didn't fully follow up to make sure things were completed. When a rep sells an account you are supposed to know what contracts we are contracted with in their state and the percentage of the patients in their practice that are covered by our contracted insurance carriers. Pricing is the number one reason that we lose clients followed up by patients receiving bills for certain services that they shouldn't have been billed for or for them getting a bill for an out of network insurance carrier that we filed. And if you are a knowledgeable rep you would know that all pricing is submitted by the account representative it is also negotiated by the client representative based on your knowledge of what our contracted rate with those carriers in your area are. When our clients have an issue with pricing what is the first thing they do? Usually they contact the client rep first and if they can't get anywhere by contacting the rep which happens a lot they contact client billing department. And moving forward even if they contact you first thing that the reps do is contact the client billing department or the BSC's. It is not the job of either department to do the footwork for the representative, the job of those two dept. is to assist you in determining where the problem lies, how to fix it based on knowledge of company policies, procedures and insurance carrier rates and contracts. Anything that has to be fixed has to be signed off by you the representative who then send it back to us and it's sent over to another department to be approved and applied or denied. In any of those instances The information, request and the actual action of applying this information in our system and approval has nothing to do with the billing department whatsoever. The remaining of the billing department minus the client billing and BSC is areas such as posting of insurance payments or lab customer service who deals only with specimen collection specimen requirements and things that nature or it could be electronic filing of claims and things of that nature. The only department you are essentially talking crap about is client billing and the BSCs and I tell you, you reps are the reason we lost so many clients. If you would do your job and get your head out of your asses and stop thinking about money and start thinking about how your actions and that the clients that you provide to this company directly affect everybody else's paychecks because without a client without a patient there is no solstas get over yourself and look at what you're doing as a representative of this company. You know your job you know what you're supposed to do stop putting the blame on other departments get your stuff together and there wouldn't be a problem it would just be as simple as sending an email with a request to do this or do that but no y'all screw things up all the time. The clients are mad because they were told one thing but the rep didn't follow through and present the issues to be reviewed by billing to determine what corrective actions are needed. Each state has different contracts, ways of handling things and special billing practices or agreements that billing is never made aware of so we are having to dig, research and inquire to figure out what's going on and do a FINE job of it under the circumstances. This company was like a big jigsaw puzzle with several pieces coming together and fitting as one. Which is fine with me and I can deal working for company like that but when you've got one region doing one thing another region doing another thing and nobody's telling each other what's going on here and there then how does that make us look as a company when a client calls into their billing department to find out why this is happening or why is that happening and the reps have no idea what's going on because they weren't told or there were no notes in financial from the representative because over 75% of you refuse to learn how to work our financial system which would really help us out because how that is how we know what's going on with an account in the billing department. We don't work through salesforce like y'all do we work through financial we need to start figuring out how to work together from the field to the billing department but that's where this whole company is screwed because everybody wants to do their own thing and nobody wants to talk. That's why were in the situation we're in now and having to worry from one day to the next if we are going to have a job or if we're going to even have a billing department next year so before you go to pointing your finger you need to realize that four more are pointing right back at you and any other representative who feels the same as you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And can you name any reps that follow through with the billing dept??? Haha.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was so true. A ignorant medical director who doesn't know good lab science if it bit him on the ass!!! All about playing vendors for the cheapest price not the best testing. The good ole boy s who put on a good show but are clueless how to run a quality lab.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah this company looks to be in great shape!! Nothing to worry about here. Sales reps sell. Billing people bill
    If you can't bill leave

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm just here to see how quickly this post gets deleted.

I'm guessing it'll get deleted pretty quickly based on all of the posts critical of Solstas that have been deleted over the past 2 months. Soldass's crack team must be monitoring this board hourly.