March 11, 2011

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark it down

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. You heard it here first. Save the date!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Beware the ides of March.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the Big One!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so big it's Oxbig!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was March 13th (yes, Friday the 13th) in 2009. The winds of March are stinging.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you tried the fries at Penn Station deli they are wonderful. I plan to have more on March 11, 2011 to celebrate your demise.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The circle is almost complete...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If March 11th comes and goes with no change will you commit to jumping off something more than 10 stories high?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was the end of the WARN period. Not the notification day. If March 11 was the same kids of equivalent, we'd already be getting notified next week. If its true, its been a well kept secret

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see if this rumor is true or not...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they plan to layoff only a small percentage, the WARN act doesn't apply. At my last job we had about 2 weeks warning that layoffs were coming. I'm not sure what the percentage is, but look it up and post if u care

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just read the severance faqs. Pay attention people.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WARN act exceptions:
    Mass Layoff: A covered employer must give notice if there is to be a mass layoff which does not result from a plant closing, but which will result in an employment loss at the employment site during any 30-day period for 500 or more employees, or for 50-499 employees if they make up at least 33% of the employer's active workforce. Again, this does not count employees who have worked less than 6 months in the last 12 months or employees who work an average of less than 20 hours a week for that employer. These latter groups, however, are entitled to notice (discussed later).

So, Pfizer can gradually reduce the sales force by 499 people in the spring and another 499 in the winter if they want to avoid having to give 60 day notice.
    Hey....didn't they just get rid of some Transplant sales people.....hmmmm

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right, I had never thought of it this way before. Pfizer is so smart and we employees are in trouble. WOW, I feel real sick right now!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So now the Transplant folks get the reduced severance package?! If so, they (Pfizer) waited till these people were just past the line...

Respect for People.

Not anymore.