Don't let the butchers steal your ovaries!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don\'t let the butchers steal your ovaries!!!!!

J Am Coll Surg. 1994 Jun;178(6):581-5.

Development of ovarian pathology after hysterectomy without oophorectomy.

Plockinger B, Kolbl H.

Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria.

This study was done to determine the occurrence of disease in retained ovaries after hysterectomy. A retrospective analysis of patient charts was performed, comparing the patient reports of women who had secondary ovarian lesions with those whose ovaries showed no pathologic findings during the ten year period of observation (1980 to 1990).

The study included 1,265 women with at least one ovary saved after hysterectomy for benign indications. Main outcome measures were ovarian pathologic findings after hysterectomy requiring repeat operation.

The overall incidence of lesions in retained ovaries was 3.95 percent. There was a 3 percent risk of having secondary ovarian pathologic findings within three years after hysterectomy, with a decreased risk for the following seven years (mean follow-up time of 60 months, range of three to 120 months).

Histologic findings at reoperation included common benign conditions of the ovary.

No instance of carcinoma of the ovary was found. The risk of having pathology in the retained ovaries after hysterectomy was significantly higher in women who had only one ovary saved, compared with those who had both ovaries saved (7.63 versus 3.47 percent; p < 0.05).

The mean age at hysterectomy was significantly lower in women who had ovarian disorders subsequent to hysterectomy than in those who did not (39.3 versus 43.9 years; p < 0.001). In the group of women with secondary ovarian lesions, mean parity was significantly lower than in those without reoperation (1.22 versus 1.94; p < 0.0001).

Women with unilateral oophorectomy at the time of hysterectomy had twice the risk of secondary ovarian lesions, compared with those without oophorectomy at hysterectomy. Determinants, such as age, parity and gravidity must be considered when deciding whether or not to perform oophorectomy at hysterectomy.

PMID: 8193751

2. Re: Don\'t let the butchers steal your ovaries!!!!!

Apparently, the TROLL thinks that the removal of ovaries is "stealing". What are the "butchers" doing with those "stolen goods"? Are they selling them on the "ovarian black market"?

The article does not challenge the validity of using the hysterectomy procedure (Troll, you should screen your GOOGLE searches more thoroughly), but instead uses a RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS (read: weak) to determine the validity of keeping ONE ovary intact vs. keeping them both as it relates to subsequent pathology.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Don\'t let the butchers steal your ovaries!!!!!

The ovaries belonged to the women who grew and needed them. Taking them out for no medical reason is stealing them away from their rightful owner. Gawd, are you dumb.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    The ovaries belonged to the women who grew and needed them. Taking them out for no medical reason is stealing them away from their rightful owner. Gawd, are you dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tortured logic to be sure. No doctor will EVER remove anyone's ovaries for no reason, it just isn't done. This demonstrates how utterly STUPID you are, TROLL.

Ovaries are NEVER removed unless: there is a medically necesary reason to do so (cancer or precancerous lesions). Insurance wouldn't pay for it, and the patient wouldn't pay for it, so what's the reason for doing it? You claim that the doctor somehow, with Wyeth's help dupes a young, healthy woman into consenting to have her ovaries removed just so Wyeth has another opportunity to sell Estrogen to someone? "GAWD YOU'RE DUMB!!!"

BUT, of the patient is older, say in her 60's, she may elect to have them removed and explicitly give the surgeon permission to do so PRIOR to a hysterectomy. If the patient wants to keep them, she certainly is entitled to, but she's also entitled to understand the risks of leaving them in after they've outlived their usefulness. If you're 60 years old, what do you need them for? They're just used up old tissue that's a problem just waiting to happen. Wyeth has NOTHING to do with an OB/GYN's decisions or the PATIENT'S decision to undergo a hysterectomy or a BSO. Especially since most of the women undergoing these procedures are either past menopause or are currently taking something for their symptoms.

Your arguments make absolutely NO sense at all once the light of truth is shined upon them, TROLL.

You're a fraud and a no-talent hack.

Now hurry, your wellfare check is awaiting you. Cash is while you can, your bleeding the system dry.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody stole the Troll's brain!!!

6. Re: Don\'t let the butchers steal your ovaries!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Somebody stole the Troll's brain!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful, lest we assume too much. We don't know if the Troll ever had a brain to begin with!

7. Jiggaz31

Jiggaz31 Guest

Healthy ovaries are in fact stolen every minute of every day of every week of every month of every year; year after year.... The number of castrations being performed each year in the U.S. substantiate this. For more information; go to www.hysterectomyconsequences.com

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I found this because I was searching about it. During my c section my doctor took one of my ovaries. I was awake the whole time and not once did he say anything about it. He didn't even tell me when I was in recover. I don't think he planned on telling me. I had to pick up my medical records for reasons and read it myself. When I went to the follow up I asked him if he took my right ovary. He just said yeah it looked bad. When I tried to get him to explain that he just tied changing the subject. I don't know why he removed it but just trying to figure it out. It really bothers me.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 things about prospecting are found on every bottle of shampoo... rinse and repeat. What does this mean? Rinse: each message must contain new value. Repeat: means it is about never stopping after a single call. Good Luck