Simponi

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the message the sales force is using to distinguish this product from the other TFN-blockers. Is there any major difference?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe you already have it. We're referring to it as a "TFN-blocker" to make it sound different, even though it's a TNF blocker. That way we can try to make it stand out of the crowd. Jeff McDummy's brainchild.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for pointing out my typo, now will you be serious and answer the question. My mother suffers from RA and I am trying to get an idea of what may help her. As drug reps I feel we should try and look at all options for our loved ones.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. Here's the serious truth: In terms of efficacy, the drugs are mostly the same, although Remicade seems to work faster and may have an edge on efficacy (not because I sell it, but based on the clinical data.) Where they differ is on the administration. If your mom is afraid of or uncomfortable with needles, she'll probably fare better with a nurse administered drug like Remicade, or a once montly self injectable like Simponi. (Again, just stating the facts.) Remember though, that for unknown reasons she may not respond well to Remicade or Simponi, but will fare better with Humira or Enbrel. Only time will tell.

Hopefully this information will help you. You can also check out the websites for clinical data that might help you. No matter what treatment you and your mother decide on, I hope she feels and gets well soon.