Challenge of Selling Stelara & Simponi

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hardest thing is to work for COBI management. Have any of these people ever taken a class on how to manage and motivate? My manager is a person with zero skills. How am I to develop when I report to a person who doesn't understand management basics? Why does management here either do great or terrible and nothing in the middle.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on our new leadership, this is as good as it's going to get. Geez

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Field sales is only motivated to find another job. Treat us like shit and that is what you get in return. Welcome to Pharma 100.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After 3 years things have only become worse.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it was easy you wouldn't have a job. Dig deep and get the job done.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hit every one of MY numbers. Marti knows who I am. Now if that GI team would only learn how to sell Remicade. I'm available for training them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Throw in Simponi UC, Stelara PsA, Simponi Aria, and Remicade (across rheum and GI)... Welcome to Academics.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And those poor reps get treated like crap from almost everybody. My RBD and ABM hate a few of ours. They told me they're trying to push them out of the company. Some of the top ones already left. Probably couldn't stand the heat. My manager says most of them will be gone this year.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After looking at my numbers and how I killed , Marti had sales training contact me about giving a sales seminar at the POA. So be prepared to rock in Dallas. By the time you leave you will learn the secrets that have made me one of the most successful reps in COBI history.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Marti was thinking about picking out exceptional reps to do this. She said that maybe only five or six reps in the whole country could do it. Her biggest problem was trying to find somebody on the GI team to be on stage doing this, but couldn't find anybody. Even the RBDs and ABMs weren't up to doing it. But that's alright. They can sit and learn.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Academics out in July restructure. There will not be any opportunities to flop into. All openings will be frozen. ISR out next if sales get kickin.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many times do we have to hear that Academics are being cut? This got old years ago. Is obviously never going to happen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Academics being weeded out slowly. One of the top reps was recently fired.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll give you a hint at my presentation. You're with your manager. You walk in to a lunch. The entire staff is there. Everybody. Docs. Nurses, Clerical staff. The freaking janitor has even stopped by for a sandwich.
    You get your two minutes. You lead off with: You see this guy, pointing at your manager. The guy's a narc. Don't trust him. Man, all he does on business trips is frequent strip bars and oriental massage parlors.
    Now you got him.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is he Sherman?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone knows that most DMs are a joke. If you been in the job for 5 years and you don't move up you should be out. These managers spend there time watching their investments and don't do shit. One old dude owns a wine company and works there all the time. Another owns a landscape business. Yet another owns a deli. I love the one that owns a med biller company and is always pushing this 'unknown' biller who can solve problems. No wonder the good reps left. Working for these managers would make anyone want to leave

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is she Herman?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I'm out with my abm one day, and he says, Hey, pull over into this state park, and so I do. And he has me park by the pavilion, which out of season is empty. The whole parking lot is empty and he says, Hey man, I always admired you, always watched you from afar, and well, if you don't mind man, I'd like to show you what a fan I am.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewing for an opportunity selling Stelara. What is the culture and morale like in this sales team?
    Also, what is the future like in the next 3+ years?

Thanks for your feedback.